Jamboree @ Dyersburg High

cheerin4DC

it appears that dburg may be without the services of its point guard this year as that he will not play his senior season....

it is a shame as he was probably going to be one of the top point guards in the region......

and regarding the jones kid, his father was being considered for a admin position at the new northview jr high in newbern...... however sources close to him in covington where he currently works reported that if he took the position, that his kid would either attend dburg high or remain in covington for his senior season ;)

[Edited by mg on 11-14-02 5:45P]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MG - If and I say If the Jones kid decided to leave Covington why in world would he want to play at Dyersburg. Just because the Chatham's (who teach in the county school system) sent their son to Dyersburg does not mean that Tony Jones would send his. I am sure that Tony would want Courtney to get the best coaching possible. And also get the exposure of playing in the state tournament.

Mark, I have not had my coacht priveleges revoked. I just choose not to do it in my free time at school. Unlike yourself I spend all of my day working... :rolleyes::D:D

Just kidding. I have grown up alot this year. Being a father has helped me realize what is really important. I don't take anything personally anymore.

Good luck to the Burg I know you guys will be much improved from last season. The Dyer County/Dyersburg boys game just might be as close as the girls games always are.

tony.....well, i can't say a whole lot to that...cause there is some truth to that :rolleyes:

shooter......regarding jones, my information came from a coach in tipton cnty who works with his father and spoke to him about his plans.....the coach was either telling the truth or not telling the truth...take it however you want too but since it did not come from the father directly to me, i would urge caution on accepting it....

the coach indicated that jones more than likely would play out his senior season at home with covington...

**UPDATE friday 4:20P...it appears that a news release may be issued in the very near future, like 5P today...that jones will be named as the new principal at northview middle in newbern...

regarding his son, my information regarding him staying at covington for his senior year was told to me early this summer......that may have changed since then....he may very well being coming to Dyer Cnty.....

just wanted to you updated

[Edited by mg on 11-15-02 4:27P]

Well it looks like we are all having trouble keeping up with the Jones these days. :D If Courtney comes to DC, looks like it will make DC even better than was anticipated. You would think if Tony, his father was in the County School System, that his son would go to a County school. Tony was a fine coach at DC when he was here, and everyone liked him, he made many friends at DC. So i believe its just a matter of time before Courtney is in a Choctaw uniform. :):):)