Jamboree @ Dyersburg High

cheerin4DC

I was wondering if anyone had all the info yet on the jamboree that takes place every year @ Dyersburg High School. I was wondering if anyone knew for sure the date, time and schools that will be playing each other. Of course the MAIN ONE I am looking for is Dyer County CHOCTAWS. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lexington looked improved this year over last year... they have several good ball handlers....they (lex) should be excited about this season... regarding dburg, and not taking anything away from lexington, dburg coach never played more than 2 or 3 starters on the floor at one time, mostly played with just 2 starters.....why? can't tell why coaches do the things that they do...that is why they get paid the big bucks...i am sure that he had his reasons.....10 ball players from dburg ended up with about the same amount of playing time in the four quarters.....

regarding match ups for jamboree....

dyer cnty vs jax northside

dyersburg vs south fulton

halls-jcm

brighton-obion

best match-up is dyer cnty vs northside...that should be a great two quarters between 2 good teams....

Coachinhoops i have a few question for you. How are the new players from Covington that transfered to Dyer Co. doing? Is Tony Jones the father of these boys? If i remember correctly, Tony used to be Dyer Co. coach for a few years, awhile back. Also what grade are they in, just wandering? Do they fit into the mix of good players a DC? Im just a DC fan looking for some info. Whats the scoop on theses players, also has Bird made any progress. Iv been a DC fan for 28yrs now.

[Edited by figbar on 11-13-02 10:58P]

tony, be careful here, after all, you should not throw any stones in that glass house you live in ;)

also welcome back..... i was apparently lied to or misinformed...i was told that your admin took away your coacht privileges....

:):D:D:D

[Edited by mg on 11-14-02 1:51P]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf