Crockett County

pioneer42

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better keep up to date with this program. They won the district last year and are on the rise. They are a team to keep an eye on.

Crockett lost too much to compete at a high level. They lose Libby Hart and Aja Robertson... That's roughly 80% of their scoring from last year. They return Elli Pratt but they don't have much after her, I may be wrong. The team to watch out for is Westview. They have guards who can play and will have 6'2 and 6'3 post players who will only be freshman and sophomores next year. They also have another stud guard that will be a freshman next year. I imagine Westview will make a run at state for atleast the next 5-6 years... Edited by GCPioneer

GC I know Westview is the team to beat especially for years to come, but I have seen their middle school and I got a feeling their going to make a really good hire. If what I think is going to happen, they will be a team to be dealt with because kids will want to go play there. I would just keep an eye on the hires the next couple of weeks.

Did Crockett Girls get a new coach.... I have not been keeping up...I did see where their boys coach was reassign or something.... Just wondering, I am very concern about who Dyersburg gets.....I hope its someone that will keep the program going upward, especially with the county on the rise...

Did Crockett Girls get a new coach.... I have not been keeping up...I did see where their boys coach was reassign or something.... Just wondering, I am very concern about who Dyersburg gets.....I hope its someone that will keep the program going upward, especially with the county on the rise...

The older guy that used to coach the girls several years ago is taking the program back over....

Dyersburg's program has been solid since Coffman was there and will continue to be solid because of the winning tradition and the young ladies who believe in that program.  They have great talent returning and great up and coming talent.  Plus they get to play basketball in the most competitive and fun girls district in West TN.  No disrespect intended, but I don't see how the county has anything to do with this?  And exactly what are they "on the rise" from?  They've had the same coach for the past 5 or 6 years, been average at best, last year was supposed to be their year to go far and they didn't. Don't fret slick1, Lady Trojans will be just fine.

Honestly last season I think the county team had a undefeated regular season and sadly the one loss ended their season. With Mr. Strayhorn running the county middle school programs I'm sure they would like nothing more than to take advantage of DHS LADY TROJANS current coaching situation and use it to their advantage..... Thank God we brought in two great coache, we have literally lost our boys basketball program due to recruiting...... Lefs try and hold on to our ladies program.