1st Annual MPHS Red & White Alumni Football Game

Big Bigby

Calling all MPHS Former Football, Cheer, and Band Members.

Show your Tiger Pride at our 1st Annual MPHS Red & White Alumni Football Game!

Help us celebrate the unveiling of our Brand New Stadium Seats.

Friday, August 7th @ 7:00pm

**1st half the game will be an Intersquad Game of our 2015 MPHS TIGERS!!

During halftime we will recognize past football players, cheerleaders, and band members.

2nd half of the game will be a FLAG football game of our alumni.

Cost to participate is a $20 donation. Includes admission to game and tshirt.

If you would like to join the fun and participate in the Alumni Football game, message us on Facebook for a form.

Like us on Facebook

mphs red/white alumni football game

Proceeds go to MPHS Parent Action Committee.

**Full disclosure that Big Bigby has no affiliation what so ever with this and is just passing word along to CoachT members from a flier he received.**

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling all MPHS Former Football, Cheer, and Band Members.

Show your Tiger Pride at our 1st Annual MPHS Red & White Alumni Football Game!

Help us celebrate the unveiling of our Brand New Stadium Seats.

Friday, August 7th @ 7:00pm

**1st half the game will be an Intersquad Game of our 2015 MPHS TIGERS!!

During halftime we will recognize past football players, cheerleaders, and band members.

2nd half of the game will be a FLAG football game of our alumni.

Cost to participate is a $20 donation. Includes admission to game and tshirt.

If you would like to join the fun and participate in the Alumni Football game, message us on Facebook for a form.

Like us on Facebook

mphs red/white alumni football game

Proceeds go to MPHS Parent Action Committee.

**Full disclosure that Big Bigby has no affiliation what so ever with this and is just passing word along to CoachT members from a flier he received.**

Flag football? What kind is sissy mess is that? Are those boys afraid to hit. You cant nock a hike with flags on. I wouldnt let you pay me twenty bucks to watch that mess. You think im joking but im not.

Flag football? What kind is sissy mess is that? Are those boys afraid to hit. You cant nock a hike with flags on. I wouldnt let you pay me twenty bucks to watch that mess. You think im joking but im not.

Lol... I'm with ya Roy. I would pay to see 'em in full pads going at it again. I bet it would draw better crowds to go full contact. Not sure why nor who made that call.

Lol... I'm with ya Roy. I would pay to see 'em in full pads going at it again. I bet it would draw better crowds to go full contact. Not sure why nor who made that call.

I garuntee you this flag stuff is a bunch of mess. They need top be in full pads so they can nock some holes. You think im joking but im not.

• 4 weeks later...

Players who graduated in even years will be on the White team, those in the odd years will be on the Red team.

Former Mt. Pleasant School coaching staff members — Tommy Wolaver and Eddie Bassham — will coach.

Ironically, their sons, John Wolaver and Brandon Bassham, are both 1995 graduates thus they are on the White team.

Tommy Wolaver’s son John Wolaver - class of 1995 and Eddie Bassham’s son Brandon Bassham class of 1995 is playing.

Current Mt. Pleasant Police Chief Michael Hay and Assistant Fire Chief Phillip Grooms are from the class of 1995, too, and will be playing.

The oldest alumni signed up to play is Terry (Turk) Williams from 1979. Some others who graduated more than 25 years ago are Jay Baker, 1984, and the 1987 duo of Tommy Gossett and David Wilhite.

Bowling Green, Ky. resident Chuck Drane from the class of 1992 will play. Drane set some rushing records during his playing days.

The White team also has 1999 graduate Trevor Brewer, who is now an assistant coach. Brewer has also been behind the mike for Mt. Pleasant radio station WXRQ on game day.

The White squad also includes the TSSAA’s Mr. Football Class A Back of the Year in Marco Dailey and another speedster in Bubba Clifton, both from the Class of 2008.

While Wolaver (White) and Bassham (Red) guide their respective squads, they will have to cope with an officiating crew that are alumni including Wendall Holder (1989), Jerry Roberts (1974) and Gerry Colvett (1993).

There to help all of the participants to survive the heat are the water girls from 2014 — Ladayca Bennett and Katelyn Scharrer.

WHITE TEAM: Maury Colvett (1988), Derek (Jay) Baker (1984), Chuck Drane (1992), Bryant Workman (1994), Jeff Clark (1994), Craig Turner (1994), Derek Turner (1994), Vernon Johnson (1998), Drew Massey (1998), Jason Andrews (1998), Eric White (2004), Ritchie Karch (2006), Sawyer Greene (2006), Chase Deridder (2006), Jerico McKennon (2008), Bubba Clifton (2008), Marco Dailey (2008), Kurtis Moore (2010), David Chatman (2010), Devan Nance (2010), Keith Mosely (2012), Henley Houston (2012), Trinity Gibson (2014), Chris Heal (2014), Sam Hinson (2014), Houston Paul (2014), Ray Ray Rochester (2014), Dee Owens (2014).

RED TEAM: Terry (Turk) Williams (1979), Rodney Massey (1983), Tommy Gossett (1987), David Wilhite (1987), Brent Lovell (1993), Michael Hay (1995), Phillip Grooms (1995), Brandon Bassham (1995), John Wolaver (1995), Charles Frierson (1995), Michael Foshee (1997), Brian Gray (1997), Chuck Grooms (1997), Trevor Brewer (1999), Rodney Howell (1999), Tony Gray (2001), Brandon Hudspeth (2005), Thomas Braden (2005), Josh Kelley (2005), John Colvett (2007),

Payton Holland (2007), Drew Deridder (2007), Chris Stress (2009), TC Webster (2009), Deon Hardison (2009), Dominque Frierson (2011), Jerrell Houston (2011), Amos Wall (2013) and Peyton Vandiver (2015).

Players who graduated in even years will be on the White team, those in the odd years will be on the Red team.

Former Mt. Pleasant School coaching staff members — Tommy Wolaver and Eddie Bassham — will coach.

Ironically, their sons, John Wolaver and Brandon Bassham, are both 1995 graduates thus they are on the White team.

Tommy Wolaver’s son John Wolaver - class of 1995 and Eddie Bassham’s son Brandon Bassham class of 1995 is playing.

Current Mt. Pleasant Police Chief Michael Hay and Assistant Fire Chief Phillip Grooms are from the class of 1995, too, and will be playing.

The oldest alumni signed up to play is Terry (Turk) Williams from 1979. Some others who graduated more than 25 years ago are Jay Baker, 1984, and the 1987 duo of Tommy Gossett and David Wilhite.

Bowling Green, Ky. resident Chuck Drane from the class of 1992 will play. Drane set some rushing records during his playing days.

The White team also has 1999 graduate Trevor Brewer, who is now an assistant coach. Brewer has also been behind the mike for Mt. Pleasant radio station WXRQ on game day.

The White squad also includes the TSSAA’s Mr. Football Class A Back of the Year in Marco Dailey and another speedster in Bubba Clifton, both from the Class of 2008.

While Wolaver (White) and Bassham (Red) guide their respective squads, they will have to cope with an officiating crew that are alumni including Wendall Holder (1989), Jerry Roberts (1974) and Gerry Colvett (1993).

There to help all of the participants to survive the heat are the water girls from 2014 — Ladayca Bennett and Katelyn Scharrer.

WHITE TEAM: Maury Colvett (1988), Derek (Jay) Baker (1984), Chuck Drane (1992), Bryant Workman (1994), Jeff Clark (1994), Craig Turner (1994), Derek Turner (1994), Vernon Johnson (1998), Drew Massey (1998), Jason Andrews (1998), Eric White (2004), Ritchie Karch (2006), Sawyer Greene (2006), Chase Deridder (2006), Jerico McKennon (2008), Bubba Clifton (2008), Marco Dailey (2008), Kurtis Moore (2010), David Chatman (2010), Devan Nance (2010), Keith Mosely (2012), Henley Houston (2012), Trinity Gibson (2014), Chris Heal (2014), Sam Hinson (2014), Houston Paul (2014), Ray Ray Rochester (2014), Dee Owens (2014).

RED TEAM: Terry (Turk) Williams (1979), Rodney Massey (1983), Tommy Gossett (1987), David Wilhite (1987), Brent Lovell (1993), Michael Hay (1995), Phillip Grooms (1995), Brandon Bassham (1995), John Wolaver (1995), Charles Frierson (1995), Michael Foshee (1997), Brian Gray (1997), Chuck Grooms (1997), Trevor Brewer (1999), Rodney Howell (1999), Tony Gray (2001), Brandon Hudspeth (2005), Thomas Braden (2005), Josh Kelley (2005), John Colvett (2007),

Payton Holland (2007), Drew Deridder (2007), Chris Stress (2009), TC Webster (2009), Deon Hardison (2009), Dominque Frierson (2011), Jerrell Houston (2011), Amos Wall (2013) and Peyton Vandiver (2015).

Dang lots of talent in those groups. Its a shame I wont be home to attend the game!

Gonna be interesting to see if 2 time Mr. Football Marco Dailey still has it?

Gonna be fun to see all these young men out there again. :thumb:

It will be interesting for sure BB...............

I know these two; Chris Stress (2009), TC Webster (2009), have some flag football experience.  Bubba Clifton (2008) still has his speed for sure

Gonna be interesting to see if 2 time Mr. Football Marco Dailey still has it?

Gonna be fun to see all these young men out there again.:thumb:

As i have stated b4 Bigby I played my senior year in 2006 when Marco won Mr Football the 1st time and set all those rushing n td records along with Bubba who was just as fast as Marco. Yall put us out in the 2nd rd that season 37-17 at yalls house....oh the memories. They had a BA lineman too..he was like 6'7, Gilbreath maybe?

As i have stated b4 Bigby I played my senior year in 2006 when Marco won Mr Football the 1st time and set all those rushing n td records along with Bubba who was just as fast as Marco. Yall put us out in the 2nd rd that season 37-17 at yalls house....oh the memories. They had a BA lineman too..he was like 6'7, Gilbreath maybe?

Preston Gilbreath..... Won Mr Football - Lineman his Senior year. He played college ball at Austin Peay.... He is a half brother to Dante Hightower who is now with the Patriots...

My all time memory between Mt Pleasant - Wayne Co - Marco era.......................... 2007 in Waynesboro. Marco had 200 yards rushing in the first half alone.... Walt left him in the second half but told him not to run the ball one time.... No telling how many more yards he missed out on the second half...