1st Annual MPHS Red & White Alumni Football Game

Big Bigby

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Brandon Basham and Coach Trevor Brewer showing out tonight... Still got it.

Bubba Clifton looked like he had gotten faster...

WH, was Marco a no show? He never got out there in the backfield while I was there. Been so long since I've seen a bunch of them I couldn't tell some of them out there.

It would have been nice to have Coach Boyd calling the game announcing who we were seeing doing what play by play.

Next year needs to be more organized like a Friday night game; score and time kept. The field opened on up wider and full pads/tackle.

It was nice to see some of the guys still tackling though it was flag.

The alumni are still ballers!

Coach Brandon Basham and Coach Trevor Brewer showing out tonight... Still got it.

Bubba Clifton looked like he had gotten faster...

WH, was Marco a no show? He never got out there in the backfield while I was there. Been so long since I've seen a bunch of them I couldn't tell some of them out there.

It would have been nice to have Coach Boyd calling the game announcing who we were seeing doing what play by play.

Next year needs to be more organized like a Friday night game; score and time kept. The field opened on up wider and full pads/tackle.

It was nice to see some of the guys still tackling though it was flag.

The alumni are still ballers!

Would yall be interested in playing us? Wayne County in a full pads contact game like we played vs Collinwood in May. We raised over 4200 for our football team n school and had ALOT of fun. If you think they would be interested plz let me know and ill get on the horn talking to some Tiger ppl if needbe. I know we are in the early stages of scheduling our next game either late this season or early spring '16.

Would yall be interested in playing us? Wayne County in a full pads contact game like we played vs Collinwood in May. We raised over 4200 for our football team n school and had ALOT of fun. If you think they would be interested plz let me know and ill get on the horn talking to some Tiger ppl if needbe. I know we are in the early stages of scheduling our next game either late this season or early spring '16.

I don't know exactly who to talk to but I will put the word out to those I figure that do. It would take a years worth of getting back in shape for a lot of them. Quite a few were getting gased last night, but still played well. It's an entertaining idea though. 2nd half - 2 quarters of play would be fun enough for the old timers I'd bet, with the first half between WC/MP young bunch scrimmaging each other... So it'd have to happen this time next year proly.

Y'all should get together and make it happen. :thumb:

I don't know exactly who to talk to but I will put the word out to those I figure that do. It would take a years worth of getting back in shape for a lot of them. Quite a few were getting gased last night, but still played well. It's an entertaining idea though. 2nd half - 2 quarters of play would be fun enough for the old timers I'd bet, with the first half between WC/MP young bunch scrimmaging each other... So it'd have to happen this time next year proly.

Y'all should get together and make it happen. :thumb:

We started practice In January up til the game on May 1st on every other weekend then as it got closer we would practice ever weekend. Coach Rice and some middle school coaches would be at our practices. We had playbooks the whole 9 yards man. Guys ranged from 19-58. Cwood had 1 who graduated in '75 play a couple snaps. Our oldest player grad. in '87 an he played alot so it can be done and its one heck of a good time. Im #2 n the video of course lol.

Enjoyed the video... That's the way our Alumni game should've been - full dress out, tackle, time kept and scores with announcing just like regular games... It was cool the way it was, don't get me wrong, but it could've been a lot better. Too much throwing the ball in flag football. I wanted to see some running. QB runs is about all that came close to that.

Half the time a person didn't know who was who out there the way the played this ignagural game.

Maybe it will get worked out better the 2nd year. Hopes are high that it will be like what it appears you all done; with you guys being the opponents.:thumb:

Enjoyed the video... That's the way our Alumni game should've been - full dress out, tackle, time kept and scores with announcing just like regular games... It was cool the way it was, don't get me wrong, but it could've been a lot better. Too much throwing the ball in flag football. I wanted to see some running. QB runs is about all that came close to that.

Half the time a person didn't know who was who out there the way the played this ignagural game.

Maybe it will get worked out better the 2nd year. Hopes are high that it will be like what it appears you all done; with you guys being the opponents.:thumb:

Heck yeah man spread the word up there and get back to me. If you find out someone I could talk to about it I will gladly call them and try and set it up for our teams.