Livingston Academy 2015

Very good insight on CAK.I don't know as much as I have in the past about LA, but here goes. Linder avg about 260 rushing a game last year as a jr. He will compete for AA mr football. Hollars about 90 a game at receiving. Those two combined for 12 int on defense. Hayes was the jv qb, and played varsity at wr/db. This year looks like he will be the qb. He is very mobile, a athlete type qb. They also have a kid about 6'2, 230 who played football for the first time last year. I think the story is he was Nigeria but someone can correct me if wrong. He got better as the season went on in jv learning the game and will play the DE-pass rusher type position. Some say he is close to as fast as Linder,Hayes, and Hollars. Typically LA always has good fleet footed LB's and FB's. This is why I say a team like CAK feeds into the area LA is good at. I see LA struggling verse good run heavy between the tackle type teams.

Very interesting insights. It will be a great game to see how they match up. One thing that makes CAK hard to defend is that they are one of very very few teams that throw 90% of the time unless they are running clock. It makes it hard to scout team for, and hard to defend in an actual game. It's even hard to defend for teams that play against it twice a year, unless they are just athletically superior enough that it doesn't make any difference.

It sounds like LA may very well be that unusual team, that although they will play mostly teams that are no more than 50% pass, perhaps a team like CAK is right up their alley. They certainly were last year. So we shall see what this year's match up brings. Should be interesting.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting insights. It will be a great game to see how they match up. One thing that makes CAK hard to defend is that they are one of very very few teams that throw 90% of the time unless they are running clock. It makes it hard to scout team for, and hard to defend in an actual game. It's even hard to defend for teams that play against it twice a year, unless they are just athletically superior enough that it doesn't make any difference.

It sounds like LA may very well be that unusual team, that although they will play mostly teams that are no more than 50% pass, perhaps a team like CAK is right up their alley. They certainly were last year. So we shall see what this year's match up brings. Should be interesting.

I think 5-6 years ago CAK had a bigger advantage than they do now on teams in general. Seems like every one is going to the wide open type spread offenses. Not many wingt or veer teams left above the 2a level. Either way, should be a very good game. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

As listed on Murphy Fair's top prospects: Peter Hollars Livingston Academy 6-3 205 Prospect level Division I

Impressive, combined with other very good talent on the team.

CAK has one definite D1 player, Austin Pope TE, 6-4, 218, 4.6 40, who is a TN commitment. Although he projects as a TE at the next level, he basically plays the slot for CAK and is a big target over the middle, tough to bring down, and deceptive speed. Beyond that, they have a couple of more players that project to play on Saturday at some level, to be determined. One of those plays DE, 6-5 250 Bo Layton. He will almost definitely be playing somewhere. He has some gaudy 30+ on the ACT and I think he may pursue an Ivy League education, but I don't think he has made a firm decision.

Edited by Govolsknox

It's really tough to judge a game by last year, and the best example I can think of is CAK/LA from 2013 going to 2014. That might have been one of the worst teams CAK has had and they mercy ruled LA with a freshman quarterback. The next year, LA took it to CAK. I don't think that last year is going to matter much, guys...

This is an excellent point, one year does not predict the next. However, when you have players returning like LA does that were very good last year, that is enough to get my attention. I still say CAK will handle this game in stride, with no disrespect to LA. I'm sticking with 35-21 CAK for now guys.

I have CAK winning this game by 10-14 points. They have too many athletes all over the field for LA to hang tough all game. LA's OL is very questionable right now, and with this being the first game of the season, and at CAK, I just think CAK has to be the early favorite. LA starts the season 0-2.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I have CAK winning this game by 10-14 points. They have too many athletes all over the field for LA to hang tough all game. LA's OL is very questionable right now, and with this being the first game of the season, and at CAK, I just think CAK has to be the early favorite. LA starts the season 0-2.

Very well could be 0-2 with CAK and Cookeville up first. We will be able to tell a lot when LA play a half verses UHS in the Jamboree. UHS runs a simluar wide open offense to CAK, with a slight bit more running plays.

Very well could be 0-2 with CAK and Cookeville up first. We will be able to tell a lot when LA play a half verses UHS in the Jamboree. UHS runs a simluar wide open offense to CAK, with a slight bit more running plays.

I would bet money they start off 0-2, but that doesn't mean they aren't a quality team either. They very well could run off 8 straight wins after the first two games pretty easily. 

I would bet money they start off 0-2, but that doesn't mean they aren't a quality team either. They very well could run off 8 straight wins after the first two games pretty easily.

I am not as old on a game 1 loss as everone else. Watch last years game live, Linder and Hollars were the clear cut best to athletes on the field. Both have about the same back. CAK will have a better OL, but only as a 90% pass blocking unit. To me its a coin flip game.