2015 cambell county

hogdogger

Dont compare LC to Robertsville....lol They been having trouble getting kids to come out for football they got good coaches now and will start getting kids to play I know we have all the kids from LC from last year team (14 or more) but the 6'2" kid got away...lol Hog man how can you say anything when AC beats up on CC every time they play? The last 6 years AC is 6-0 with AC scorring 237 points to CC 69 points. Its a shame we dont get to beat you this year.Plus I do know alot of parents send their kids from LC elementy to Norris middle That hurts LC football numbers also. AC is young and will compete this year going to be fun watching them grow.

WOW!

Its a shame we don't get to play you all this year. If Davy and Russ wouldn't let the game get beyond the kids then we would still be playing. 5 non-district games and you can't put CC on the schedule? Something there doesn't make sense, it's about the kids, not the coaches worrying about whether they are going to win or lose to the county they live in. AC has a superb freshman class this year but besides that their going to be down 3 wins at most, Union county, heritage and I couldn't even tell you the third. CC is going to be solid the next couple years with this huge junior and sophomore class, sounds like AC dodged us this year. Yes they have won the last 6 games but they were supposed to win those games, soon as CC gets the upper hand you stop playing? I just don't get it, let the kids play! I would almost bet 99% of AC PLAYERS would love to play CC this year, but Davy denied that.

Here we go again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm more bball fan but here's my take on this season.

The schedule is a whole lot tougher than the last 3 seasons. No Lynn camp, no halls. They've been replaced with Bell county ky, and Grace Christian. I feel Gibbs has given them fits the couple times they've played and Gibbs was young last year. Central will be better, Clinton should be better, karns will be better, oak ridge will be better. I just don't know if CC is "better". That coupled with games with cocke county, lenoir city and at Farragut, is a lot different than last few years. I believe the first game of the year will set the tone for season. If they beat Gibbs and get confidence they go 7-3, if they lose that game I see 5-5.

Well, let's see what happens from here on out. I don't think I'm too far off.

Well I didn't mean to start anything with my post but I'm a realist. I love CC and am proud of the last couple seasons. But let's be honest, we could have very easily been 6-4 or 5-5 in those seasons. We barely beat Gibbs both times, barely beat OR, barely beat Clinton both times, barely beat central and had to Hail Mary Powell. I know ur gonna say but we did win, and yes we did and I'm glad. But, we had nick Bailey, Ethan Jeffers and most importantly, trey Torress. Three first team all staters that were high impact players. Toress did things out there people couldn't believe. He just had a will to win.

I was just saying that this isn't the cupcake schedule we've been playing. No Cumberland gap, no Lynn camp, no halls. Let's face it, that's 3 sure wins every year.

Bell county always Feilds a tough competitive team, that'll be a game. LC does too, but if understand their down, but I'll bet there better than those three I mentioned above. Cocke county too.

The problem with all the success at CC the last couple years is it gets harder to find teams like those that want to take a beating when they don't have to. I'm sure when the Lynn camp scheduled us a home and home after our 3-7 season, they were expecting to win. After all they had never lost to CC. Same with Gap.

CC has some good players but none like those three I mentioned. I heard they pushed Webb around pretty good the other night and that our O line is our strongest attribute, but we throw it 97% of the time. I heard the Macintosh kid looks real good. I heard the Rutherford kid is prolly the best QB but only a sophomore so they'll start the junior. I heard the Phillips kid is a beast at ILB but he's hurt a lot, he's only a sophomore too.

Watch how they do the first game. It'll tell a lot.

I will have to disagree with you cc .this is by far the best team they have had.you are right about losing some key players but.this team is not relying on one player too make 50% of the plays your right we don't have a bailey or Torres to rely on.this team is stacked with jr.and soptmores .cc has depth for the first time ever.the only weakness I see is experience .we have two and three deep at almost every position.we will surprise alot of teams with our size and our phsyicalty..I think you have greatly under estimated this team .I will be highly disappointed if lose more than 3. But like you said time will tale.

I will have to disagree with you cc .this is by far the best team they have had.you are right about losing some key players but.this team is not relying on one player too make 50% of the plays your right we don't have a bailey or Torres to rely on.this team is stacked with jr.and soptmores .cc has depth for the first time ever.the only weakness I see is experience .we have two and three deep at almost every position.we will surprise alot of teams with our size and our phsyicalty..I think you have greatly under estimated this team .I will be highly disappointed if lose more than 3. But like you said time will tale.

dick move right after a lost cc .don't look at the final score and just look at the stats and ask anybody who they thought won the game...hats off too Gibbs they wanted it more ..

dick move right after a lost cc .don't look at the final score and just look at the stats and ask anybody who they thought won the game...hats off too Gibbs they wanted it more ..

Not a dick move. I don't have to ask anybody what they thought. I saw it!!! Ur the one who said it was the best team, most talent, stacked three deep at every position, etc.... Well I can tell u one thing there not 3 deep at every position, and not even two deep at QB. Wanted it more? That's a cop out. CC wanted it just as bad, they just got outplayed on the plays that meant the most. I think you'll see how important the leadership of those guys I mentioned graduating meant to this team. There's an old saying, " sometimes the most talent doesn't always win". Ask Phi Slamma Jamma and NC State. I still love the cougars, but hate to say I saw this coming. This is a 5-5, 6-4 team that will be real good next year.

Its a shame we don't get to play you all this year. If Davy and Russ wouldn't let the game get beyond the kids then we would still be playing. 5 non-district games and you can't put CC on the schedule? Something there doesn't make sense, it's about the kids, not the coaches worrying about whether they are going to win or lose to the county they live in. AC has a superb freshman class this year but besides that their going to be down 3 wins at most, Union county, heritage and I couldn't even tell you the third. CC is going to be solid the next couple years with this huge junior and sophomore class, sounds like AC dodged us this year. Yes they have won the last 6 games but they were supposed to win those games, soon as CC gets the upper hand you stop playing? I just don't get it, let the kids play! I would almost bet 99% of AC PLAYERS would love to play CC this year, but Davy denied that.

I have not been on here very much over the offseason and was just reading through all of the threads trying to catch up and ran across this, now I am usually the one fan from AC that tries to be very fair in this whole CC vs AC pissing contest and think that both sides blow this way out of proportion, but I have to say this is such a moronic statement that I can not help but say something. I hear year in and year out about how CC is going to beat AC this year and it never happens, now that AC and CC don't play All I hear is how CC would beat AC if they were to play. And you are saying how Solid CC will be this year and I have seen where other fans are talking about how this would be the best team CC would field....seriously? Carolina seems to be the only realistic fan on here, he picks CC to go 5-5 or 6-4 and gets blasted over it and you CC fans act like the AC ones are the ones with our heads in the clouds. The last few seasons the majority of AC fans picked us to be pretty tough and to win certain games and got blasted about how arrogant we were but how did those seasons end? Just as we predicted, now most AC fans pick us to go 5-5 at best and all I hear is how CC fans think they would kill us and that we were dogging you, funny considering 2 of the teams that we scheduled as non district will probably be deep playoff Contendors that are talented and have a lot of history of success, and a 3rd is our crosstown rival. Why would AC schedule CC? I mean all I hear is how our coaches and fans can't let the kids play and make the game bigger than what it is, but the CC fans are the ones on here making statements like this when you are also in a rebuilding year. I mean heck, last year was the best CC team in your schools history and AC was just comin off of a season to where they lost a lot of talent and were "down" from the year before and all I heard was how that was the year, how did that work out? I mean seriously, how can anyone talk crap about an AC team and their fan base and then post the garbage that is posted here. I am the first AC fan to praise CC when they do good, because they have the right coaching staff for the community and have turned the program around and I commend them for that, but at some point reality has to set in for you and figure out that just like AC, you are not Maryville and are just another average high school football team that will have some up and down seasons. AC has been notorious for having some strong non district games on their schedule to help them get better and this year is no exception as we have scheduled very good teams in the non district in Oak Ridge, Greenevilled which are both going to be 10+ win teams and a very solid Clinton team which is not only our rival, but also will in my opinion be better than CC And could very well beat us. All this in a year when we play Catholic and Fulton, that is a brutal schedule for a rebuilding team as young as AC, and for CC fans to just automatically put your team on a pedestal and to act like you are in that category of the Oak Ridges, greenevilles and Fultons of the world is just arrogant and laughable to hear how we "dodged" you when you got the upper hand. I wish CC a good season and hope you win a lot of games, but I think you need to realize that when someone continually schedules strong opponents as non district to go along with an already toughs instruct schedule and you are not on it it's probably not because we "dodged" you, but maybe it's because you are not as relevant as you like to think. Good luck to CC the rest of the year, and good lord stop talking crap and bringing AC into every conversation you have and have an enjoyable season, I know I will

I have not been on here very much over the offseason and was just reading through all of the threads trying to catch up and ran across this, now I am usually the one fan from AC that tries to be very fair in this whole CC vs AC pissing contest and think that both sides blow this way out of proportion, but I have to say this is such a moronic statement that I can not help but say something. I hear year in and year out about how CC is going to beat AC this year and it never happens, now that AC and CC don't play All I hear is how CC would beat AC if they were to play. And you are saying how Solid CC will be this year and I have seen where other fans are talking about how this would be the best team CC would field....seriously? Carolina seems to be the only realistic fan on here, he picks CC to go 5-5 or 6-4 and gets blasted over it and you CC fans act like the AC ones are the ones with our heads in the clouds. The last few seasons the majority of AC fans picked us to be pretty tough and to win certain games and got blasted about how arrogant we were but how did those seasons end? Just as we predicted, now most AC fans pick us to go 5-5 at best and all I hear is how CC fans think they would kill us and that we were dogging you, funny considering 2 of the teams that we scheduled as non district will probably be deep playoff Contendors that are talented and have a lot of history of success, and a 3rd is our crosstown rival. Why would AC schedule CC? I mean all I hear is how our coaches and fans can't let the kids play and make the game bigger than what it is, but the CC fans are the ones on here making statements like this when you are also in a rebuilding year. I mean heck, last year was the best CC team in your schools history and AC was just comin off of a season to where they lost a lot of talent and were "down" from the year before and all I heard was how that was the year, how did that work out? I mean seriously, how can anyone talk crap about an AC team and their fan base and then post the garbage that is posted here. I am the first AC fan to praise CC when they do good, because they have the right coaching staff for the community and have turned the program around and I commend them for that, but at some point reality has to set in for you and figure out that just like AC, you are not Maryville and are just another average high school football team that will have some up and down seasons. AC has been notorious for having some strong non district games on their schedule to help them get better and this year is no exception as we have scheduled very good teams in the non district in Oak Ridge, Greenevilled which are both going to be 10+ win teams and a very solid Clinton team which is not only our rival, but also will in my opinion be better than CC And could very well beat us. All this in a year when we play Catholic and Fulton, that is a brutal schedule for a rebuilding team as young as AC, and for CC fans to just automatically put your team on a pedestal and to act like you are in that category of the Oak Ridges, greenevilles and Fultons of the world is just arrogant and laughable to hear how we "dodged" you when you got the upper hand. I wish CC a good season and hope you win a lot of games, but I think you need to realize that when someone continually schedules strong opponents as non district to go along with an already toughs instruct schedule and you are not on it it's probably not because we "dodged" you, but maybe it's because you are not as relevant as you like to think. Good luck to CC the rest of the year, and good lord stop talking crap and bringing AC into every conversation you have and have an enjoyable season, I know I will

Good post mav4. This post could be copied and paste to a lot of fans and their teams in this area. I really don't care who dodged who or what happened. IMO CC has had the better team the last couple years and we still got waxed by AC. When I heard AC was moving to their current district, I'll be honest, I thought your coaches and administration were NUTS! That district is killer. They could've stayed here and prolly constantly finished in the top three spots. I don't hope u guys get killed every game but man that's a tough schedule. We still play in every other sport so we still have a rivalry going. Good luck to u guys this year, I still know a lot of those people and wish u nothing but the best.