Ooltewah vs Riverdale

GOOSESDAD

any one have a recap? I hate that i work saturdays i was going to try and make it but with the game being a 8Eastern time start that killed me. TDCman did our defense look prepared?

Offense what was the problem?was it Ooltewah or a lot of self inflicted stuff?

Offense struggled. We had a lot of penalties. I'd like to see us throw the ball vertical more.

Defense was spectacular, really. Very fast and held a good Ooltewah team out of the endzone.

It was only week 1, so I'm sure we'll progress as the season goes along. Hopefully this win gives the kids some confidence.

any one have a recap? I hate that i work saturdays i was going to try and make it but with the game being a 8Eastern time start that killed me. TDCman did our defense look prepared?

Offense what was the problem?was it Ooltewah or a lot of self inflicted stuff?

You can check out news links and TV highlights on http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football under News :)

Edited by davidlimbaugh

My take on the game.   Great building block for both teams.   I like seeing teams play equal competition which make them better in the long run.   #No cream puffs.

Defense:  Owls was better,  don't think Riverdale crossed midfield after mid 2nd qtr

Offense:    Owls was better,  moved the ball well on Riverdale great defense except inside 5,  had much more offense on the books. 

Kudos to Riverdale punter!

Riverdale had great red-zone defense. 

If Owls kicked FG's when they had the chance, would have won 15-9.

Regardless,  I think it was positive game for both teams.