McMinn vs. McMinn Central "The Cross Creek Rivalry"

logcabinman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be another great game. Two very talented backfields. I'm an Alcoa man through and through, but during my five years with my lady (a Central grad), I've kind of got a small place for the Chargers too (except when they play Alcoa). McMinn will be a lot better this year, but I think Central will keep the streak going in another barburner.

Central- 28

McMinn- 27

Should be another great game. Two very talented backfields. I'm an Alcoa man through and through, but during my five years with my lady (a Central grad), I've kind of got a small place for the Chargers too (except when they play Alcoa). McMinn will be a lot better this year, but I think Central will keep the streak going in another barburner.

Central- 28

McMinn- 27

Agreed this will be a good game and close.

logcabin; you guys take down your cousins again this Friday....you guiys were poised for another great season Booger believes....until the new region showed up.....you have to be in one of the toughest regions in the state and Booger is pullin for ya; but that is brutal

as for your wish to have met Alcoee last year; no you dont logcabin....other than sayin you made it to the semis; nothin else good comes out of that Alcoa-MC matchup....but your wish is coming true this year in game 7

Booger just sayinscared-smiley-emoticon.gif

Never easy playing Alcoa. Our team was built for run last year.  We had a terrible matchup with ND.  We played Alcoa 3 years ago and it was a very entertaining game.  Yes MCentral schedule is a brutal one.  This district has always been the best in 3-A overall.  Glad to be a part of it AB.  Booger, I understand what you are saying but I like watching those hard nose smash mouth games.  Not that your boys didnt bring it last year, but offensively your spread offense was hard to deal with. 

we have to do whatever we can to get wins, logcabin...thats the great thing about Fanys coaching......he can spread and he can play smash mouth when needed as long as we have the young men to do both....just ask the McCallie about smash mouth the other night....no spread in that one...your kinda ball....lets go get this win Friday and we will see how it all washes out again in about 10 weeks

Boogerr just sayin :mrgreen:

With McMinn looking for revenge and Central looking to continue there own little streak, how does everyone see this one going?

The McMinn Central Chargers have far too much offensive firepower for the McMinn Co. Cherokees in this one and will win again. McMinn has a young QB with zero experience and the Cherokees have had a lot of turnovers and penalties in preseason scrimmages. 

Exciting we get to play Alcoa this year.  Wish we could have met up last year

If we had played Alcoa last year we would have lost to them worse than we did to Notre Dame.  The Chargers were good last year, but not in the same league as Alcoa or Notre Dame.  If you recall we even lost to Loudon 35-7, and Loudon lost to Fulton 56-7. So while we were good, we were not very good. I'll take another good year though and be happy with it.   

I'm glad we're playing Alcoa too, but my expectations are realistic.

If we had played Alcoa last year we would have lost to them worse than we did to Notre Dame.  The Chargers were good last year, but not in the same league as Alcoa or Notre Dame.  If you recall we even lost to Loudon 35-7, and Loudon lost to Fulton 56-7. So while we were good, we were not very good. I'll take another good year though and be happy with it.   

I'm glad we're playing Alcoa too, but my expectations are realistic.

I understand Glory but if you remember a few years back we played Alcoa to a 10 point game.  The atmoshere at ND, played at Finley was horrible.  I enjoyed the experience but would have liked to be on the same side as our team.  I do know this would not have happened at ND as well.  I am realistic too, just would have liked the atmosphere better.  Just me personally.