McMinn vs. McMinn Central "The Cross Creek Rivalry"

logcabinman

I understand Glory but if you remember a few years back we played Alcoa to a 10 point game.  The atmoshere at ND, played at Finley was horrible.  I enjoyed the experience but would have liked to be on the same side as our team.  I do know this would not have happened at ND as well.  I am realistic too, just would have liked the atmosphere better.  Just me personally.

I remember it well and I especially remember all the whining and excuses from the Alcoa coaches and fans about our cut blocking.  Perfectly legal and probably one of our best coaching jobs in preparing for a game. I think it was Coach Gossett who came up with the idea?

If we had played Notre Dame at Central with thousands of Central fans and no Notre Dame fans, we "might" have made it a touchdown closer final score.  The athletes on the field were the difference.  The Irish had more players that were better than we had, and this is in no way being critical to your son or any football player on our team.  Facts are facts, Notre Dame was a much better team than we were, and Alcoa was a better team than Notre Dame.

I knew we weren't a "very good" team when we struggled to beat McMinn, Polk, and Meigs.  We could have just as easily lost to those teams. Meigs was a very average team (5-5), but McMinn (3-7) and Polk (0-10) were terrible teams.  Then we got humiliated on our home field by Loudon, then got shutout at home 7-0 by a 4-loss Knox Carter team. The results of these games during the season defines and separates the "good" from the "very good" teams. It was still a good year for our Chargers and a much more enjoyable one for a change.

Speaking of your son, what position will he be playing for UTC?  Is he hoping to get some playing time this season?  The Mocs are ranked #8 and poised to have a solid season. I'm going to attend a couple games there this year and will be pulling for your son to play some.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it well and I especially remember all the whining and excuses from the Alcoa coaches and fans about our cut blocking.  Perfectly legal and probably one of our best coaching jobs in preparing for a game. I think it was Coach Gossett who came up with the idea?

If we had played Notre Dame at Central with thousands of Central fans and no Notre Dame fans, we "might" have made it a touchdown closer final score.  The athletes on the field were the difference.  The Irish had more players that were better than we had, and this is in no way being critical to your son or any football player on our team.  Facts are facts, Notre Dame was a much better team than we were, and Alcoa was a better team than Notre Dame.

I knew we weren't a "very good" team when we struggled to beat McMinn, Polk, and Meigs.  We could have just as easily lost to those teams. Meigs was a very average team (5-5), but McMinn (3-7) and Polk (0-10) were terrible teams.  Then we got humiliated on our home field by Loudon, then got shutout at home 7-0 by a 4-loss Knox Carter team. The results of these games during the season defines and separates the "good" from the "very good" teams. It was still a good year for our Chargers and a much more enjoyable one for a change.

Speaking of your son, what position will he be playing for UTC?  Is he hoping to get some playing time this season?  The Mocs are ranked #8 and poised to have a solid season. I'm going to attend a couple games there this year and will be pulling for your son to play some.

Remember I just said I would have rather played them, not beat them lol.

Pineknot is doing great.  They have moved him to the dime position and he really enjoys it.  Almost all the freshman are red shirting this year including him.  He his excited about this now because he wants to get stronger and faster.  He has put on some healthy weight and working hard.  If he keeps his effort to the level he always trains I feel you will see him on the field in a year or two.  Yes UTC is good.

Remember I just said I would have rather played them, not beat them lol.

Pineknot is doing great.  They have moved him to the dime position and he really enjoys it.  Almost all the freshman are red shirting this year including him.  He his excited about this now because he wants to get stronger and faster.  He has put on some healthy weight and working hard.  If he keeps his effort to the level he always trains I feel you will see him on the field in a year or two.  Yes UTC is good.

Hello there friend!  Very proud of him and I think redshirting is wise for freshmen. It would be hard to crack the Mocs lineup even for a frosh footballer at UTK!  Pineknot's day will come and I think he'll be a big contributor in a couple of years.  Looking forward to watching him play.

Should be a good one Friday night!

Hello there friend!  Very proud of him and I think redshirting is wise for freshmen. It would be hard to crack the Mocs lineup even for a frosh footballer at UTK!  Pineknot's day will come and I think he'll be a big contributor in a couple of years.  Looking forward to watching him play.

Should be a good one Friday night!

Thank you for the kind words.

I agree on your prediction.