McMinn vs. McMinn Central "The Cross Creek Rivalry"

logcabinman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mystified by our coach's bonehead decisions tonight. Why did they wait until halftime to make a defensive adjustment? We had 4 down linemen and the next closest defensive player to them was at least 4 yards back from them.  McMinn probably had 200 yards rushing in the first half, yet our coaches didn't make any adjustments? When we had it 4th and goal from the 2 in the 4th qtr. why wasn't our big running back in there? Even if he didn't carry the ball, he could have been blocking or used as a decoy.  EVERYBODY in the stadium knew Jackson Guy was going to carry the ball, so we came away with 0 points at a crucial time. 
These are just some of the things that stood out to me and many others around me who played the game. Our coaches have to do better than they did tonight or it will be a very long season.  I was very disappointed to lose soundly to a McMinn team who will probably only win 4 games this year.

Edited by Glory

I was mystified by our coach's bonehead decisions tonight. Why did they wait until halftime to make a defensive adjustment? We had 4 down linemen and the next closest defensive player to them was at least 4 yards back from them. McMinn probably had 200 yards rushing in the first half, yet our coaches didn't make any adjustments? When we had it 4th and goal from the 2 in the 4th qtr. why wasn't our big running back in there? Even if he didn't carry the ball, he could have been blocking or used as a decoy. EVERYBODY in the stadium knew Jackson Guy was going to carry the ball, so we came away with 0 points at a crucial time.

These are just some of the things that stood out to me and many others around me who played the game. Our coaches have to do better than they did tonight or it will be a very long season. I was very disappointed to lose soundly to a McMinn team who will probably only win 4 games this year.

I think you should volunteer your football knowledge and help them. Be the solution. Hindsight is 20/20. Long was in and I along with EVERYBODY in the stadium thought he was getting it. I would have tried to throw again but it was a tough call. Offensive line was a huge disappointment. Not sure what was wrong with them but it will be fixed. I know Goodin and the pride he has for that OL.

We were close to doing it again. Depth was a huge factor again. When you play one side of the ball its easier to wear your opponents down. I admired the comeback attempt. It just took all we had out of us. You and I should offer to help coach though, gotta be stressful tho.

I think you should volunteer your football knowledge and help them. Be the solution. Hindsight is 20/20. Long was in and I along with EVERYBODY in the stadium thought he was getting it. I would have tried to throw again but it was a tough call. Offensive line was a huge disappointment. Not sure what was wrong with them but it will be fixed. I know Goodin and the pride he has for that OL.

We were close to doing it again. Depth was a huge factor again. When you play one side of the ball its easier to wear your opponents down. I admired the comeback attempt. It just took all we had out of us. You and I should offer to help coach though, gotta be stressful tho.

I'm friends with the coaches and I'm sure they would agree with a lot of what I said. Some of the coaches will read this and they know who I am.  They know that I support them being our coaches, but they also know I'll comment on here about areas the team could improve on.  Last night wasn't their finest hour as far as scheming and play-calling.  That doesn't mean they won't correct the problems and do a better job. 

I don't think we were anywhere near close to doing it again. Other than our last long TD run toward the end of the game against McMinn's scrubs, we were down 20 points to a 4 win McMinn team that had dominated us for the most part. Some of it can be put on the players, but the coaches have to share some of the blame.

I'm friends with the coaches and I'm sure they would agree with a lot of what I said. Some of the coaches will read this and they know who I am. They know that I support them being our coaches, but they also know I'll comment on here about areas the team could improve on. Last night wasn't their finest hour as far as scheming and play-calling. That doesn't mean they won't correct the problems and do a better job.

I don't think we were anywhere near close to doing it again. Other than our last long TD run toward the end of the game against McMinn's scrubs, we were down 20 points to a 4 win McMinn team that had dominated us for the most part. Some of it can be put on the players, but the coaches have to share some of the blame.

Disagree. 2yds away from tying the game is close to me. Anyway, it'll get fixed I'm sure. Yeah, theyre sharing the blame. I know they took it hard.I think we should throw more. Second half was fun to watch. Our TE, Kimbley? had some bigcatches.

As far as a 4 win team. Thats true, however they're still a 4 win 5A school. I think the teams are pretty even. If yoy switch schedules, both teams would have 4-6 wins this season.

Disagree. 2yds away from tying the game is close to me. Anyway, it'll get fixed I'm sure. Yeah, theyre sharing the blame. I know they took it hard.I think we should throw more. Second half was fun to watch. Our TE, Kimbley? had some bigcatches.

As far as a 4 win team. Thats true, however they're still a 4 win 5A school. I think the teams are pretty even. If yoy switch schedules, both teams would have 4-6 wins this season.

You're defining 'close' at a certain point of the game which isn't a reflection of the entire game. Tying the game in the 3rd qtr. would have only been good if they could have kept McMinn Co. from scoring again or matched them in scoring.  But Central didn't score at that point and McMinn Co racked up two more touchdowns over the next 8 minutes or so which put them up by 20 points, then the Cherokees started unloading the bench in the last 4 minutes of the game.

I'm sure the coaches are taking it hard. Being ranked in the top 10 of the state, and a clear-cut favorite to beat a young McMinn team, then losing by 20 points should sting. This will make them prepare better for future Region games that count, so all is not lost.

I agree we should have passed more. McMinn's secondary was beat a few times and out of position on others. A few play action passes would have kept McMinn's defenders from pinning their ears back and bull rushing us.  I thought #25 did an exceptional job at blocking, but he wasn't used nearly enough.  I'm sure the coaches will catch that when reviewing the game film and will utilize him more.

Time to prepare for a pretty good Rhea Co. team.

Edited by Glory