1A AP Poll 8-17-15

if dresden was in a different region..like 6-A for example the would hold the banner for the region and be directly in the middle of cookeville talks.. instead they will take a back seat to UC and Peabody until they beat one of them.

If Dresden were in 6a, they would still be playing for 3rd.
  • Upvote 1

I personally think that Union City will win it all again and that the state championship game will be played in the 3rd round between UC and Trenton. I think Dresden is a year away from being a serious threat although thay may arrive a year early. In my opinion UC and Trenton are way ahead of anybody else in 1-A. Huntingdon and Dresden a notch below UC and Trenton. Wayne Co and NCS are in the top 6 teams but not on the level as the four above. NCS would have to really improve from the game I saw with UC last year to make me think otherwise. Anyway, it's all opinion. I'm just ready for football season. Good luck to all teams.

Absolutely no reason why Oneida shouldn't be in the top 10 if not top 5. I believe Coalfield falls from this list given the strength of the district this year. Harriman will also be a team that could receive some recognition with the team they're putting out there this year.

I bet CF loves that everyone is overlooking them. I don't understand it either. They're going to be good.

I posted in another thread to reply to you Rudy. You provided good insight on that one. QB play is excellent and so is Clore. Just with the talent from last year, I'm curious to see just how good they will be this year.

Ahh. I just seen it. And that's a great point. Like Butch said about the Vols, you can't just be a year older, you have to be a year better. CF can't replace Stewart but Clore done a great job filling in for Bible in 2013. I think their success falls on the shoulders of McKinney. Has he improved not just physically, but mentally? If he has, watch out!

Ahh. I just seen it. And that's a great point. Like Butch said about the Vols, you can't just be a year older, you have to be a year better. CF can't replace Stewart but Clore done a great job filling in for Bible in 2013. I think their success falls on the shoulders of McKinney. Has he improved not just physically, but mentally? If he has, watch out!

Johnny will try his best to replace him. He'll walk in and make a big impact. I'll give you two names that played in the same all star game he did a few years back, Brant Mitchell, and Kyron Inman. Carroll will be a big pickup

Johnny will try his best to replace him. He'll walk in and make a big impact. I'll give you two names that played in the same all star game he did a few years back, Brant Mitchell, and Kyron Inman. Carroll will be a big pickup

Carroll is going to be unbelievable. He can't replace Zach right now but he will at some point and that's no disrespect to anyone. Zach was a D1 player and started over 60 games in high school. We won't talk about all his achievements but Zach started in the semifinals against SP as an 8th grader and did just fine. Carroll is big enough, strong enough, athletic enough and good enough that he's not a weak spot. That was my whole point about CF, with the addition of Carroll and Kilby getting more reps this year, CF isn't going to fall off like people think. I don't understand why so many people are overlooking them

Carroll is going to be unbelievable. He can't replace Zach right now but he will at some point and that's no disrespect to anyone. Zach was a D1 player and started over 60 games in high school. We won't talk about all his achievements but Zach started in the semifinals against SP as an 8th grader and did just fine. Carroll is big enough, strong enough, athletic enough and good enough that he's not a weak spot. That was my whole point about CF, with the addition of Carroll and Kilby getting more reps this year, CF isn't going to fall off like people think. I don't understand why so many people are overlooking them

he won't replace senior Zach but can he be as good as Freshman Zach? The kid is big and can move for his size.

he won't replace senior Zach but can he be as good as Freshman Zach? The kid is big and can move for his size.

Yes he can definitely be as good as freshman Zach. He's bigger than freshman Zach. He's like the size of senior Zach. I've heard he's already a 300lb bencher but I'm not sure. One thing I do know is he can dang move, has great feet and is as athletic as any lineman in the county. He's looked very good this fall Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Yes he can definitely be as good as freshman Zach. He's bigger than freshman Zach. He's like the size of senior Zach. I've heard he's already a 300lb bencher but I'm not sure. One thing I do know is he can dang move, has great feet and is as athletic as any lineman in the county. He's looked very good this fall

300 wouldn't surprise me. Is he as tall as Zach? I know one thing, the guy he works out with can throw up the weight and does a pretty good job training others. I know he weight-trained Adam kilby before his senior year and he was unreal.

300 wouldn't surprise me. Is he as tall as Zach? I know one thing, the guy he works out with can throw up the weight and does a pretty good job training others. I know he weight-trained Adam kilby before his senior year and he was unreal.

I'm not sure of his exact height or how it compares to Zach at that age. I think Zach was about 6'3" back then and I'm pretty sure Carroll is close to that. Adam had an excellent senior year. His brother Jake will play a huge role on the CF team this year.