Region 2 - 6A Weekly Predictions: Go on the record.

34Defense

Congrats to Siegel. Emotional win. Emotional year. Impressed how they have managed to hold it together and get some wins. Huge win tonight.

Way to go Stars I knew you guys had it in you! If you look back in this thread I'm about the only one to pick you guys to win! Congrats to ALL Region 2 teams in the first round way to REPRESENT!

LOL...a little of both 

1.)  I believe if Smyrna wins we go 3 seed which means we play Maryville game 3 or 4. If they survive Cookeville .  Maryville is a very sound team fundamentally, but I believe this year if any is best opp for a RuCo team to beat them. They are lacking in the pass defense and I think a team who spreads the ball around could beat them Also they could face 3 teams from RuCo  and end the argument about playing  mid tenn schedule would make no difference. I think playing them after Cookeville and Smyrna would be to our advantage .

2.) I believe we are playing better ball now than we have all season and would like a re-match with Oakland again. I think we have enough in the hopper to play a much better game than the first meeting and could pull the upset . 

Geez , every thread I get on I find you talking about beating Maryville .... It's always been a lot easier talking about beating Maryville than actually doing it . 

btw , Your Argument about playing mid Tenn schedule .... we have played the best team standing every year since 6A started .... that argument is just your excuse ( and your other Rutherford co buddies) for always getting beat .... we used to hear before 2009 when we were in 4A that we would get beat by you big Boys because you play a tougher schedule .... now that you got what you wanted ... getting to play this Little School , now the excuse for getting beat is what you said your advantage was before .... too tough of competition ... Hilarious really . 

Edited by pepvol

Geez , every thread I get on I find you talking about beating Maryville .... It's always been a lot easier talking about beating Maryville than actually doing it . 

btw , Your Argument about playing mid Tenn schedule .... we have played the best team standing every year since 6A started .... that argument is just your excuse ( and your other Rutherford co buddies) for always getting beat .... we used to hear before 2009 when we were in 4A that we would get beat by you big Boys because you play a tougher schedule .... now that you got what you wanted ... getting to play this Little School , now the excuse for getting beat is what you said your advantage was before .... too tough of competition ... Hilarious really . 

Wow ... I make a statement that I think that the playoff opportunities are better than they have been in the past for region 2 teams and that We have a few more shots at Maryville rather than each other ... and I believe they can be beat /or someone else might have a shot at a gold  ball, and the Maryville mafia acts like I canceled Christmas.  I am sorry if my cheering for my region and team  has upset the tides. I thought is what people do. If we are going to assume every year that Maryville is the champion (like they usually end up) then why play the playoffs? Heck lets just pass out certificates and at the end of regular season and tell everybody they suck unless they are Maryville? Now who sounds like the butt hurt parents from Warren County? You know Pepvol, if it offends you that someone cheers for his kid, his kids school then you need to grow up and get a life. I have a son now who is playing at Blackman and 2 that will follow behind over the next 10 years. Get over it. iam always gonna say my kid and his team have a chance . It is called life. 

Edited by Blaze45

Wow ... I make a statement that I think that the playoff opportunities are better than they have been in the past for region 2 teams and that We have a few more shots at Maryville rather than each other ... and I believe they can be beat /or someone else might have a shot at a gold ball, and the Maryville mafia acts like I canceled Christmas. I am sorry if my cheering for my region and team has upset the tides. I thought is what people do. If we are going to assume every year that Maryville is the champion (like they usually end up) then why play the playoffs? Heck lets just pass out certificates and at the end of regular season and tell everybody they suck unless they are Maryville? Now who sounds like the butt hurt parents from Warren County? You know Pepvol, if it offends you that someone cheers for his kid, his kids school then you need to grow up and get a life. I have a son now who is playing at Blackman and 2 that will follow behind over the next 10 years. Get over it. iam always gonna say my kid and his team have a chance . It is called life.

Good post. These guys get upset if we even dare to IMAGINE that anyone else has a chance and should fight for it. They act like they've never been beaten. Amazing....

Good post. These guys get upset if we even dare to IMAGINE that anyone else has a chance and should fight for it. They act like they've never been beaten. Amazing....

Maybe they haven't been... but I don't give a rip. I am not about to bow down and beg for mercy because big bad Maryville is still around winning state championships. Guess what ... they had their jocks knocked off a few time to get to the top of the hill. Doesn't men people ain't coming after them. If the ideal that someone believes in their team upsets them , what in the world would happen if someone did actually step up and beat them... heck they would have to close school for a week and bring in grief counselors. Not for the students but for some of the fans. Geez oh PETE ... WORLD WAR 3, all because I ...little ole me.. the one person in Murfreesboro has the gall to say that they could be beat (Maybe not, but I have an opinion) 

Wow ... I make a statement that I think that the playoff opportunities are better than they have been in the past for region 2 teams and that We have a few more shots at Maryville rather than each other ... and I believe they can be beat /or someone else might have a shot at a gold  ball, and the Maryville mafia acts like I canceled Christmas.  I am sorry if my cheering for my region and team  has upset the tides. I thought is what people do. If we are going to assume every year that Maryville is the champion (like they usually end up) then why play the playoffs? Heck lets just pass out certificates and at the end of regular season and tell everybody they suck unless they are Maryville? Now who sounds like the butt hurt parents from Warren County? You know Pepvol, if it offends you that someone cheers for his kid, his kids school then you need to grow up and get a life. I have a son now who is playing at Blackman and 2 that will follow behind over the next 10 years. Get over it. iam always gonna say my kid and his team have a chance . It is called life. 

I agree well said Blaze45.  If I remember last year the Maryville fans said how tough their region was, because they had more teams make it to round 2 then our region. I just laughed and said that was because we put each other out, like most years. Now that we got the playoff matchups we have always wanted. Region 1 against region 2 across the board. What happened LOL, 6 region 2 teams move on to round 2 and what the tough almighty region 1 has 2 out of 8 move on, because they played some competition in round 1 for a change. I did not see any, well maybe one game, region 2 won that was even close. The # 5 Riverdale against #4 Bradley Central was close and an away game for Riverdale which they WON. We even won 2 of 4 away games and won all our home games. All I got to say is, the next 3 weekly playoff games should be interesting.

I agree well said Blaze45. If I remember last year the Maryville fans said how tough their region was, because they had more teams make it to round 2 then our region. I just laughed and said that was because we put each other out, like most years. Now that we got the playoff matchups we have always wanted. Region 1 against region 2 across the board. What happened LOL, 6 region 2 teams move on to round 2 and what the tough almighty region 1 has 2 out of 8 move on, because they played some competition in round 1 for a change. I did not see any, well maybe one game, region 2 won that was even close. The # 5 Riverdale against #4 Bradley Central was close and an away game for Riverdale which they WON. We even won 2 of 4 away games and won all our home games. All I got to say is, the next 3 weekly playoff games should be interesting.

Yep!!!

Maybe they haven't been... but I don't give a rip. I am not about to bow down and beg for mercy because big bad Maryville is still around winning state championships. Guess what ... they had their jocks knocked off a few time to get to the top of the hill. Doesn't men people ain't coming after them. If the ideal that someone believes in their team upsets them , what in the world would happen if someone did actually step up and beat them... heck they would have to close school for a week and bring in grief counselors. Not for the students but for some of the fans. Geez oh PETE ... WORLD WAR 3, all because I ...little ole me.. the one person in Murfreesboro has the gall to say that they could be beat (Maybe not, but I have an opinion)

But they HAVE been beaten since they started 6A. I watched White Station beat them in the Championship Game a few years ago. And Ravenwood had that game in hand last year (though they didn't win). Point is, they're not unbeatable. Nobody is.

But they HAVE been beaten since they started 6A. I watched White Station beat them in the Championship Game a few years ago. And Ravenwood had that game in hand last year (though they didn't win). Point is, they're not unbeatable. Nobody is.

I have no doubt that they can be beat.Someone has to play flawless ball... but it can be done.