Week 2: Copper Basin at Hayesville(NC)

BigDave1967

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how this one will go. I wasn't able to be at the game last night but I heard after a few scores a few of our boys layed down. If that's the case it might be a long year for us. But the bright spots to look at is that we were missing two seniors on the OL/DL last night that are really our anchors. The kids replacing them had a rough night last night from what I heard. So I expect things to get a little better when we get them back. However I don't believe they will be back this week and hayesville always has a good line. The line we see from hayesville will be better than the one we seen last night. They fire off low and hard. They will try to run it down our throat if it's the traditional hayesville style football team. I don't know if we will be good enough up front without those guys to handle them. But we will find out. I just hope to see our boys fight for four quarters no matter what the circumstances.

I don't know how this one will go. I wasn't able to be at the game last night but I heard after a few scores a few of our boys layed down. If that's the case it might be a long year for us. But the bright spots to look at is that we were missing two seniors on the OL/DL last night that are really our anchors. The kids replacing them had a rough night last night from what I heard. So I expect things to get a little better when we get them back. However I don't believe they will be back this week and hayesville always has a good line. The line we see from hayesville will be better than the one we seen last night. They fire off low and hard. They will try to run it down our throat if it's the traditional hayesville style football team. I don't know if we will be good enough up front without those guys to handle them. But we will find out. I just hope to see our boys fight for four quarters no matter what the circumstances.

I think Copper Basin will beat a team that was 2-9 in 2014

Edited by BigDave1967

That 2-9 team won last night and plays in the hardest 1a conference in NC.Hayesville is usually not that good though but you never know.This is from the Asheville paper.

"HAYESVILLE — Josh Harris led Hayesville with two touchdowns and 156 yards rushing on 22 carries.

Kyle Rhinehardt started the first quarter with a 21 yard TD pass to Braxton Cox to open the game.

Rhinehardt finished with 154 yards on 12-for-22 passing and 42 yards rushing on 9 carries."

Edited by rjp119

That 2-9 team won last night and plays in the hardest 1a conference in NC.Hayesville is usually not that good though but you never know.This is from the Asheville paper.

"HAYESVILLE — Josh Harris led Hayesville with two touchdowns and 156 yards rushing on 22 carries.

Kyle Rhinehardt started the first quarter with a 21 yard TD pass to Braxton Cox to open the game.

Rhinehardt finished with 154 yards on 12-for-22 passing and 42 yards rushing on 9 carries."

Yeah the Cougars can't afford to take them lightly.

They did have a rough record last year but they gave us everything we wanted at home last year. We were down late in that game and then made a drive for the win with time running out. So they definitely can't be taken lightly and the fact that the game will be in NC with NC refs you may as well put us down 7 points before we even kickoff. But I think it should be another good game.