CAK at Grace

Govolsknox

No. 1 really happened though the tweets have now been deleted from the young man's page.

No. 3--if the person with the amplification device is a young man, he's probably older than 19 by now because it's been happening since at least 2011 when the CAK player singled out was a future UT player on CAK's team.

I didn't hear the CAk fans yelling at your player but if they did, that was inappropriate, and if I had heard it, I would have said so to the offending parties.  I will say, if it was the tweeter they were yelling at, that wouldn't surprise me because several CAK fans were aware of what the young man had done and some of them might not have done a good job controlling their tempers.  No excuses, just trying to make sure you're aware of the background.

No. 3A--Never claimed to be perfect and CERTAINLY wouldn't characterize CAK or its football program as perfect, but there's not room on this board for all the things I would do differently if they put me in charge.  And personally I'm always in the need of God's grace and mercy.

1.  If this really happened, it's inexcusable.

2.  Sorry we're (GCA) not perfect. 

3.  I'm sure the person with the bull horn is also a 15-19 year old with a 15-19 year old brain.  oh, and by the way, I heard YOUR fans yelling at one of our players Friday night, and they were yelling something worse than "what's your name?" 

3A.  Sorry you're (CAK) not perfect either.

Edited by Warriors2011

You can choose to mis-characterize my comments. But I think I was pretty clear that:

1. There is a difference when a kid, from either school, makes a mistake, vs when the adults and / or LEADERSHIP makes a deliberate effort to skirt the rules, and has to be punished by the TSSAA.

2. Our kids aren't perfect, but they represent the program extremely well. We are not alone in this. Many other programs do the same. But not all.

3. The CAK coach and administration hold themselves to a high standard of conduct in how they run the program. That is a good example for the kids that are watching them, and is in contrast to an administration or coach(es) who sets an example of getting by with whatever you can.

4. CAK has a reputation for running a clean program, and the actions of one particular kid on one particular night are not going to change the reputation of that program, particularly when the kid is disciplined afterward. By contrast, the other school which I referred to has a reputation for dirty play and conduct that I have read on these boards (mostly from parties other than CAK posters). And that may in large part be because of the example being set at the adult level.

Hopefully that is clear enough for you now.

oh it's clear; Crystal clear - you get your info about "another private school in Knoxville" from posts on a CoachT board.  That's a GREAT source to be basing opinions on, what other people say.  These other people by the way may have an axe to grind or, wait for it...may not necessarily have all the facts themselves because they based their opinions on something someone else said, and so on and so on.  The mistake you mention happened SEVEN YEARS AGO.  Do you even know the details of that mistake?  I venture to say no because I'm pretty sure no one on CoachT ever posted the details.

I won't speak for Go Vols, but I'm not basing my comments in any way on what happened 7 years ago.  I do know some of the details of that incident, and there were some extenuating circumstances.  I know enough about it that it doesn't factor one bit into my personal opinion about the integrity of the Grace football program.  Nor am I basing my conclusion on what I've seen other people from other schools post about Grace on CoachT.  I am basing my opinion solely on what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears over the last 6-7 years, and, on the basis of those observations, I do not hold the program or its leader in very high regard.

I am sure there are many good kids and families in the program and have been so in the past.  I don't mean to impugn them in any way.

oh it's clear; Crystal clear - you get your info about "another private school in Knoxville" from posts on a CoachT board.  That's a GREAT source to be basing opinions on, what other people say.  These other people by the way may have an axe to grind or, wait for it...may not necessarily have all the facts themselves because they based their opinions on something someone else said, and so on and so on.  The mistake you mention happened SEVEN YEARS AGO.  Do you even know the details of that mistake?  I venture to say no because I'm pretty sure no one on CoachT ever posted the details.

No. 1 really happened though the tweets have now been deleted from the young man's page.

No. 3--if the person with the amplification device is a young man, he's probably older than 19 by now because it's been happening since at least 2011 when the CAK player singled out was a future UT player on CAK's team.

I didn't hear the CAk fans yelling at your player but if they did, that was inappropriate, and if I had heard it, I would have said so to the offending parties.  I will say, if it was the tweeter they were yelling at, that wouldn't surprise me because several CAK fans were aware of what the young man had done and some of them might not have done a good job controlling their tempers.  No excuses, just trying to make sure you're aware of the background.

No. 3A--Never claimed to be perfect and CERTAINLY wouldn't characterize CAK or its football program as perfect, but there's not room on this board for all the things I would do differently if they put me in charge.  And personally I'm always in the need of God's grace and mercy.

I'll take your word for it that we have a kid with a bull horn (maybe it hasn't been the same kid over the last 6 years? just a thought), you'll have to decide if you take my word for it about your fan, who I'm guessing is also in that 15-19 year old brain category.   I will give you this, of all the teams that we've played, CAK coaches/players/fans have been by far the most respectful I've seen.  some of the garbage I've heard from other teams is unbelievable, but never heard anything too bad from CAK.   I'm certainly not for calling out individual kids on here, but if those tweets really occurred, he should be called out and properly dealt with.

I'll take your word for it that we have a kid with a bull horn (maybe it hasn't been the same kid over the last 6 years? just a thought), you'll have to decide if you take my word for it about your fan, who I'm guessing is also in that 15-19 year old brain category. I will give you this, of all the teams that we've played, CAK coaches/players/fans have been by far the most respectful I've seen. some of the garbage I've heard from other teams is unbelievable, but never heard anything too bad from CAK. I'm certainly not for calling out individual kids on here, but if those tweets really occurred, he should be called out and properly dealt with.

I'll never forget when campus security had to eject a certain head ball coach and his picture takin wife cause she was snappin photos of CRB every time he was signaling stuff. Same time as the head ball coach was chatting up the coaches from the other side giving him advice. It was a sight for sure.

No love lost between either program, I think it was last year the Grace coach and his wife were kicked out of a cak home game for standing on the vistors sidlines trying to Secretly film the game. I think that game was on Tv if i recall. Long history between these clubs, doesn't mean you play dirty, or out of control which happens to alot of 14-17 yr olds.

Do these two schools not just trade game films with each other. I always though most schools did. Even if they didn't there would be other schools that would if they played each other. 

AC played both schools for the same two years in a row.  At that time there was a marked difference between the level of sportsmanship exhibited between the two schools' players and coaches.

Do these two schools not just trade game films with each other. I always though most schools did. Even if they didn't there would be other schools that would if they played each other. 

The issue was photographing signals being used, not what would have been seen on TV or on exchanged film. There was also the issue that her husband, the coach for the other private school, was on the sideline "advising" the coach of the team we were playing. That is unless you believe that during a game the 2 coaches were just talking about the weather.

With everything I said, your assertion that I only get my info from Coach T is just silly. I get my information from many sources, not the least of which is my own eyes and ears. I've seen it. And many others have too.

Regarding the issue 7 years ago, the FACT is that the TSSAA gave Grace Christian Academy a 2 year ban on post season play. That speaks for itself. There may or may not have been extenuating circumstances, but Grace had an opportunity to present their case and the result was that the TSSAA disciplined Grace for actions taken by, not a kid, but the leadership.

The issue of the picture taking wife and the coach improperly on the visitor's sideline was, wait for it, once again not a kid, but the adult leadership. No wait, it was even worse than that. It was a COACH AND HIS WIFE.

Everyone on this board knows that there is a difference between one 15-19 year old kid getting out of line versus a pattern. A pattern sir, of poor sportsmanship that starts at the top of the program.

As said by Warriors11, there are many many fine people at GCA. I know and have known a number of them, and by in large, the players are talented and great kids. You are probably one of those fine people just trying to stick up for your school. I understand that, but trying to equate the way these 2 programs have been run, and the reputation they have, is just a losing argument.

Good luck to you and your team the rest of the way, and here's hoping that both of our teams players handle things appropriately, and even more so, that the adults they watch and look up to set a good example for them.