Week 2:CPA vs Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

I agree 100 %, you get what you pay for. Just not realistic Red Boiling Springs can ever pay for the facilities or coaches as say Goodpasture. But yet, they played in the same district. I see it from both sides, very complicated.

Bottom line - equality has never in history, and never will, totally exist in society and in the various parts of society. The differences you mention in Goodpasture and Red Boiling Springs also exist between say, Ravenwood and Overton, both public schools. However, I believe the kids that struggle due to the tougher conditions in Red Boiling Springs can, and some will, be great citizens and contributors while some at Goodpasture will have to learn what it means to struggle later in life and will not be equipped to handle it. After all, sports at the HS level is not about records, it is about buildingcharacter, working with others, and learning how to compete in tough circumstances. Sorry, I will get off the soapbox now.

Hey, Booger, CPA and ND need to schedule a home and away, or game at Vandy one year. We used to drive down to Boyd Buchanan to play them. Just sayin'.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without turning this (please) into a public/private debate thread, I agree with the above. I am on record as saying I do not care which division we play in. However, it is only common sense that a private school has to have something to offer families other than public schools to be able to demand the high tuitions. Why would any family pay to send their child to CPA if all things are the same or inferior to the public school? The only reason would be the Christian Worldview curriculum and that is a reason for some families. Keep in mind, private school families pay for public schools and do not use them, which partially subsidizes families that do use the public schools. The public school coffers should be better the more kids go to private schools in a county or city, because the taxes are spread among less students.

No intent at all for private public debate, I commend CPA for the staff they put together. Obviously Ingle Martin is not intimadated by having great coaches surrounding him. There are many many head coaches, who are well known for getting rid of any assistant who may be perceived to be as good as they are. They want to be surrounded by coaches who are marginal at best. The end result is that it is the KIDS who suffer the most because of sub par one on one coaching. I have to say that it appears CPA is getting 110 percent of the talent on hand due solely to the quality of staff. This results in the record they have achieved since Martin was hired. Just my opinion, I believe the 3 best coaches at developing talent I have seen to date in Mid TN are Rick Bowers and Ingle Martin and Kevin Creasy.

Martin is a great coach that has a great staff. However, knowing him as well as I do he wasn't as good an athlete as his wife and possibly even his older sister Blair. :) His dad was a 400m track guy for Goodlettsville back in the 1960's too. :)

exactly how do you define that and what measurables are you using to back up athletic ablitities between them...did they all play the same sports......that kinda came out of huhville.....glad to see you venture out  away from the soccer forum and test new waters

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

I have to say that I think a lot of the Catholic posters on this board, class acts. But I think CPA dominates this game, and I will be pulling for them. I expected CPA to be very good this year, but they very well may be elite, one of those teams that could compete with most any team in any class this year. That would be great to see (unless my Warriors end up facing them at State....)

I have to say that I think a lot of the Catholic posters on this board, class acts. But I think CPA dominates this game, and I will be pulling for them. I expected CPA to be very good this year, but they very well may be elite, one of those teams that could compete with most any team in any class this year. That would be great to see (unless my Warriors end up facing them at State....)

this is a very possible match up in the state championship

I believe Nerd hit the nail on the head when he said CPA has a great group of assistant coaches. CPA has the resources to pay premium dollar for great assistant coaches. I would say only Ensworth and MBA have the same football budget to work with. This is not only a big advantage over public schools, but even the privates in the same division/size cannot compete with the resources CPA has. When you have a staff as qualified as this, you can take an average player and coach him up several levels. This is the main reason CPA has the outstanding record since Martins arrival. This is not a knock or insult against CPA, but I believe you agree CPA values great assistant football coaches and will pay appropriate salaries. There is no way under normal high school coaching that CPA should have stayed on the field last week with the GA team. My understanding is that CPA also has invested in several great strength and conditioning coaches. Again, a big advantage, but not knocking CPA, they want to spend the money to get the best coaches available.

You are right that Private schools do have an advantage over MOST public schools as far as being able to pay coaches.And there are public schools that have $ to pay coaches i.e. Alcoa. ButCPA has no more resources than the knoxville private schools. And they have nowhere near the resources BA MBA Ensworth etc. They do have the best AD in the state. But you are 100% right about coaching being the difference in CPAs program. I'm glad someone finally pointed that out. THEY DON'T CHEAT THEY HAVE THE BEST COACHES. It may be unfair but it is also a knock on the poor state of public education in Tennessee(specifically Nashville)

Edited by Cubstan

your crew is poised to make a good run.....thinkin it ant gonna be that gooda run

Booger just sayin :thumb:

You are right that Private schools do have an advantage over MOST public schools as far as being able to pay coaches.And there are public schools that have $ to pay coaches i.e. Alcoa. ButCPA has no more resources than the knoxville private schools. And they have nowhere near the resources BA MBA Ensworth etc. They do have the best AD in the state. But you are 100% right about coaching being the difference in CPAs program. I'm glad someone finally pointed that out. THEY DON'T CHEAT THEY HAVE THE BEST COACHES. It may be unfair but it is also a knock on the poor state of public education in Tennessee(specifically Nashville)

Don't get me or any teacher started on this TNReady stuff.  I predict an increase in the enrollments at private schools because of TNReady.

one thing is for sure: no challengers to CPA in class; on its way to the dance....they may even give ensworth a hand full

Booger just sayin 628.gif

Waaaaay to early to crown anyone yet. Lots of possible turnovers, injuries, mistakes, bad weather games left before Dec.. CPA is good , but so are others and they are not a lock, by any stretch.