McMinn County -vs- Bradley County

TribeFan

In actuality, the severity is pretty much junk. The reality of what happened is far below what the TSSAA says happened in this report.

And frankly the same goes for Cleveland High's situation too. Boils down to certain parties trying to cause trouble and the end result is black eyes for both schools for nothing really.

IF the TSSAA really enforced the rule as they say, NO High School Coach could interact in any way anywhere in the community with any middle school athlete.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In actuality, the severity is pretty much junk. The reality of what happened is far below what the TSSAA says happened in this report.

And frankly the same goes for Cleveland High's situation too. Boils down to certain parties trying to cause trouble and the end result is black eyes for both schools for nothing really.

IF the TSSAA really enforced the rule as they say, NO High School Coach could interact in any way anywhere in the community with any middle school athlete.

JMO, but I hate when the kids get punished.  I feel that the Coach and staff should be punished, not the kids.  I say punish not just the violating coach, but whole staff for checks and balance.  If all are accountable then they may think twice before violating any rule.  The Coach is the only person that should be punished, never the kids.  When kids make a mistake, they are thrown off the team, suspended, or other displinary actions will occur. 

The kid in question was already working out in the weight room at Bradley. So according to the definition of the rule, no high school coach can have any contact or dialoge with a middle school kid. Cleveland High is being punished under the same rule for discussing football after a meeting with a middle school parent. No common sense these days. Talking to a kid is not undue influence. if it were, then every high school coach in Tennessee is guilty. 

By the way tribefan, this is old news.  But, I'll bet you'll see his face Friday night lol

Lol

lol is best comment you have made on Coacht, 96.

what a joke recruiting in high school public schools. "incentives"   booster club membership and they can work the concession stand for home games??? Talk to private schools about scholarships.  public schools offer free and reduced lunch that's about all they can offer.

The kid in question was already working out in the weight room at Bradley. So according to the definition of the rule, no high school coach can have any contact or dialoge with a middle school kid. Cleveland High is being punished under the same rule for discussing football after a meeting with a middle school parent. No common sense these days. Talking to a kid is not undue influence. if it were, then every high school coach in Tennessee is guilty.

By the way tribefan, this is old news. But, I'll bet you'll see his face Friday night lol

And for the record, the kid is best friends with the middle school student whom was at lake Forest middle school. He was working out at Bradley but had no chance of going there lol. It was one of those deals that "hey I'll go workout with my friend at his school". How do I know? Because the kid is my cousin and his mom would never allow him to go to Bradley. Edited by fooseball96

lol is best comment you have made on Coacht, 96.

what a joke recruiting in high school public schools. "incentives" booster club membership and they can work the concession stand for home games??? Talk to private schools about scholarships. public schools offer free and reduced lunch that's about all they can offer.

Wth are you talking about tough guy?

Read where Bradley Central head coach Damon Floyd is serving a 2 game suspension for an apparent rules violation. Anybody have the scoop on this?

Tribe fan,

Here is the scoop, Cleveland Middle player told lake forrest player he wanted to come to Bradley but the Bradley coach did not want him. So, the lake forrest kid text the Bradley coach and tells him what cleve middle kid said. Bradley coach text lake forrest kid back and tells him any kid that wants to come to play for him is welcome. He text cleve middle kid the text, that kid shows his parents they screen shot the text take it to the cleve coach and he takes it the principal and school director and together they call TSSAA and state that Bradley coach is recruiting.  

Now, so you know the kid from lake forrest is little brother to Bradley QB 2 years ago and spends the night with coach's son and his dad played college ball with bradley coach that is why he had the coach's number in 1st place.

TSSAA in all their wisdom deemed that Bradley coach did nothing wrong dispelling myth that cleve kid was not welcome, however he broke rule texting the family friend and ball boy that was working out with Bradley because he was a rising 9th grader coming to Bradley??.

If Coach Crawford was at Cleveland this never would have taken place b/c he would have picked up phone called Bradley coach and uncovered what was really going on a Cleve middle kid wanted to be wanted that's it.

News Flash all High School Coach's want student athletes that can play and be a positive teammate to come to their school!  

No incentive was offered just advice to call Bradley and set up tour and meet with guidance counselor about enrolling then he could communicate with young man.

And for the record, the kid is best friends with the middle school student whom was at lake Forest middle school. He was working out at Bradley but had no chance of going there lol. It was one of those deals that "hey I'll go workout with my friend at his school". How do I know? Because the kid is my cousin and his mom would never allow him to go to Bradley.

Exacltly Clevand and Bradley actually have friends that go to the other schools. I lived at the Rec Center and Marwin and Chucky were 2 of the coolest dudes in the 80's came to Bradley all the time and hung out. Benny came to alot of Bradley parents and disscussed transferring if their kids could play ball,  Brian McGhee and Donnie Harris are 2 that did it.

Let kids go where they want to play and parents want them to go, i is a Free land we live in.

Like I said before nobody is getting anything but a free education anywany and we all live in same community.

Exacltly Clevand and Bradley actually have friends that go to the other schools. I lived at the Rec Center and Marwin and Chucky were 2 of the coolest dudes in the 80's came to Bradley all the time and hung out. Benny came to alot of Bradley parents and disscussed transferring if their kids could play ball, Brian McGhee and Donnie Harris are 2 that did it.

Let kids go where they want to play and parents want them to go, i is a Free land we live in.

Like I said before nobody is getting anything but a free education anywany and we all live in same community.

True to a certain extent. I was a member of those 3 state ring teams. Back then coach Monroe didn't have to do much recruiting because if u it wanted to win, u went to Cleveland. All the athletes went to Cleveland that's just the way it was back then.