McMinn County -vs- Bradley County

TribeFan

Sounds like the TSSAA is becoming more like the NCAA....of course there has to be rules and there will always be those that don't follow the rules. I am personally thankful that the TSSAA is actually handing out some punishments but this one sounds like the punishment doesn't fit the crime. 

The TSSAA should be spending some time implementing a rule to stop schools especially private schools from recruiting student / athletes that are all ready a student at a high school. Seems to be more recruiting a current student / athlete to a private school then anything .

Regardless of the details of the violation Damon is the CEO of the organization so it all stops with him. From what I know of Damon which is minimal he is a pretty straight up guy and he couldn't have been in the business as long as he has if he is a rule breaker.

So lets get back to the McMinn / Bradley game....you Cleveland people go back to living in the '90"s when McMinn native Benny Monroe was leading the Blue Raiders to Championships.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the TSSAA is becoming more like the NCAA....of course there has to be rules and there will always be those that don't follow the rules. I am personally thankful that the TSSAA is actually handing out some punishments but this one sounds like the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

The TSSAA should be spending some time implementing a rule to stop schools especially private schools from recruiting student / athletes that are all ready a student at a high school. Seems to be more recruiting a current student / athlete to a private school then anything .

Regardless of the details of the violation Damon is the CEO of the organization so it all stops with him. From what I know of Damon which is minimal he is a pretty straight up guy and he couldn't have been in the business as long as he has if he is a rule breaker.

So lets get back to the McMinn / Bradley game....you Cleveland people go back to living in the '90"s when McMinn native Benny Monroe was leading the Blue Raiders to Championships.

Not that mcmmin has ever won anything

Sounds like the TSSAA is becoming more like the NCAA....of course there has to be rules and there will always be those that don't follow the rules. I am personally thankful that the TSSAA is actually handing out some punishments but this one sounds like the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

The TSSAA should be spending some time implementing a rule to stop schools especially private schools from recruiting student / athletes that are all ready a student at a high school. Seems to be more recruiting a current student / athlete to a private school then anything .

Regardless of the details of the violation Damon is the CEO of the organization so it all stops with him. From what I know of Damon which is minimal he is a pretty straight up guy and he couldn't have been in the business as long as he has if he is a rule breaker.

when has mcminn won?

Tribe fan,

Here is the scoop, Cleveland Middle player told lake forrest player he wanted to come to Bradley but the Bradley coach did not want him. So, the lake forrest kid text the Bradley coach and tells him what cleve middle kid said. Bradley coach text lake forrest kid back and tells him any kid that wants to come to play for him is welcome. He text cleve middle kid the text, that kid shows his parents they screen shot the text take it to the cleve coach and he takes it the principal and school director and together they call TSSAA and state that Bradley coach is recruiting.  

Now, so you know the kid from lake forrest is little brother to Bradley QB 2 years ago and spends the night with coach's son and his dad played college ball with bradley coach that is why he had the coach's number in 1st place.

TSSAA in all their wisdom deemed that Bradley coach did nothing wrong dispelling myth that cleve kid was not welcome, however he broke rule texting the family friend and ball boy that was working out with Bradley because he was a rising 9th grader coming to Bradley??.

If Coach Crawford was at Cleveland this never would have taken place b/c he would have picked up phone called Bradley coach and uncovered what was really going on a Cleve middle kid wanted to be wanted that's it.

News Flash all High School Coach's want student athletes that can play and be a positive teammate to come to their school!  

No incentive was offered just advice to call Bradley and set up tour and meet with guidance counselor about enrolling then he could communicate with young man.

^^^That is the true Scoop^^^^^^^

The Cleveland baseball coach attempted to 'recruit' me before I was even in junior high, and one year I won defensive POG at the Optimist Bowl at CHS and get a nice little shpiel from Benny Monroe.

The recruiting was never terribly overt, but during the early to mid 90s, particularly with Bradley suffering through a decade of putting for minimal effort at establishing a decent football program, everyone that had any potential ended up having a chat with the Cleveland coaches at some point.  Benny Monroe was basically recruiting like he was running a small-town political campaign, and unlike text messages there wasn't exactly an evidence trail left for personal conversations and "accidental" encounters.

Well, that was a good game, but was really surprised at how handily Bradley won that game. Defense really shined on Kimpson, and held him in check. Something Bradley has not done before. And I am sure Coach Cagle was ready to kill over penalties. Very unusual to see that happen. Good Luck Tribe.