LA at Cookeville

Nah...SC didn't give up 65 in the first half to Alcoa. SC has never run the score up on the U or anyone else...even though they have had dozens of chances. Nah...not me.

And you don't hear me complaining about how much Alcoa scored, almost two years after the fact. Edited by JohnnyRay

And you don't hear me complaining about how much Alcoa scored, almost two years after the fact.

I wouldn't either...because they let up. Enough about the U. They are not in this game. This game is a gauge on where CHS is. If they struggle in this one...it will be tough in the 'boro.

I think 42-14.....They only scored 7 verse a good 3a CAK team that's not top to bottom talented as CHS nor has the depth of CHS. LA has major OL and DL problems and Vic should have another big night. I don't see LA stopping him much.

CAK doesn't have the talent or depth that CHS has? Where are you getting your information? Because Cookeville is 6a?

Coaching staff...pretty equal. Best two skill postions players, LA, but Upperman has more depth at skill positions so that is euqal. The edge goes to Upperman because of the better OL/DL and better FG kicker. I would say in a game 28-21, 28-14 UH. Linder,Hollars, Hayes are god but not much exp around them and not nearly the depth of UHS.

Equal coaching staffs? Again, where do you get this? The only time Baxter ever had the "best" team vs. LA when coaching would have made a difference was a couple years ago. LA had Hollars and Linder out and the only thing that saved Baxter that Friday night was the athletes, not the coaching..

As for 2015.. it's kinda moot but just for kicks and giggles LA would roll!

Edited by BigDaddy_1

Equal coaching staffs? Again, where do you get this? The only time Baxter ever had the "best" team vs. LA when coaching would have made a difference was a couple years ago. LA had Hollars and Linder out and the only thing that saved Baxter that Friday night was the athletes, not the coaching..

As for 2015.. it's kinda moot but just for kicks and giggles LA would roll!

I follow both programs closely and I disagree with you on who would win this year, we can gauge more after the Cookeville game. And yes iput Herron on par with Lamb. Hard to compare the two with LA being 4a and 250 more students than 3a Upperman. Over the years, LA has had a much better program. UH is just recently put football as a priority.

I follow both programs closely and I disagree with you on who would win this year, we can gauge more after the Cookeville game. And yes iput Herron on par with Lamb. Hard to compare the two with LA being 4a and 250 more students than 3a Upperman. Over the years, LA has had a much better program. UH is just recently put football as a priority.

What exactly has the U done to put football as a priority...as you put it?

Edited by Antwan

CHS has as many as 4 kids getting looked at by D-1 programs, 26 seniors, 32 juniors. Even CAK doesn't match those numbers or talent top to bottom.

Having 58 juniors and seniors doesn't matter a bit if 52 of them couldn't play dead in a western. As for the Upperman game thats what I call a trap game. Which is the same for the LA game except CHS will probably not let down two weeks in a row. So if they come out and beat LA by 28 it doesn't mean anything when comparing LA and Upperman. I would imagine that CHS probably overlooked Upperman. Not the coaches but the players. Sometimes it takes a close one like that to wake up 16 and 17 year olds. I will almost guarantee that CHS shows up Friday with their game face on. In each of these games CHS has little to gain and a lot to lose. These games are really about the gates with the new regions. The TSSAA screwed most upper Cumberland teams with the realignments. These games are likely on the schedule for financial reasons. They should still be fun to watch and talk about but they really mean nothing. That being said I say CHS by 21 minimum.

By the way... when was the last time CHS and LA played? 92?? Serious question.

Edited by 45forty

CHS has as many as 4 kids getting looked at by D-1 programs, 26 seniors, 32 juniors. Even CAK doesn't match those numbers or talent top to bottom.

Cookeville can dress the whole school on the sidelines if they want but that don't make them better.They can only put 11 on the field. I assure CAK has boys on the sideline that may just start for CHS.

No way of knowing, but I'd put my money on CAK.. they have a D1 or 2 themselves.