Whitehaven @ Florence (AL)

kwc

Whitehaven is loading the bus and hitting the road to go down into Alabama and take on the Florence Falcons who beat Shades Valley (Birmingham) last week 38-13. Whitehaven beat Mitchell 26-6 last Saturday. I just discovered that Florence is in the same region/district as Muscle Shoals, who beat East last week 31-14. This is going to be an intense game.

There are a lot of questions on the Whitehaven side. Such as, will Rodney Saulsberry Jr. be available to play. He sat out the Mitchell game because of injury. Will the Wilson brothers (Barshay and Shabar) be available to play as well. Both of those guys didn't play in the Mitchell game either due to injury. We know that big Michael Perry will have to sit out this game, as well as, last weeks game against Mitchell. He'll be eligible to play in the next game if I understand everything correctly.

How is Ayron Thompson's knee? He sat out the second half of the Mitchell game with an injury to his right knee. The move seemed to me to be precautionary ... but still, I saw him with an ice pack on it during the 2nd half of the game.

Of course, there are other concerns ... but I want to hear from others on what they think.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Whitehaven staff better learn how to get the new QB adjusted. I only saw the second half against Mitchell, but It seemed like they were afraid to throw the ball. They might have thrown the ball once or twice in the entire second half last week. Does anyone know if the new QBs are serviceable or not? Can the QBs throw a decent pass?

The Whitehaven staff better learn how to get the new QB adjusted. I only saw the second half against Mitchell, but It seemed like they were afraid to throw the ball. They might have thrown the ball once or twice in the entire second half last week. Does anyone know if the new QBs are serviceable or not? Can the QBs throw a decent pass?

What's up lasal2000. Long tme no see on the boards.

I was there for the whole game. The QB has a very lively arm. He actually has a very strong arm. I liken his arm strength to a young Doug Williams. I think that he and Donte are more then just serviceable as QBs. However, I do wonder if he can throw a pass that requires some touch and loft on it. I haven't seen that from what little I've seen. Appearently, the coaches didn't think we needed to air it out much to win the game. However, I must say, when we were on the goal line towards the end of the first half, and we threw three passes to try to score, and came away with no points ... I saw our TE (Mr. Rudd) go across the middle three times and he was in single coverage on all of those possessions. I thought he could of had at least one of those passes thrown in his direction. He has good hands and he had a size advantage on the LB that was covering him. However ... let me just say, I'm not at practice everyday, so I don't know what he can do and what kind of confidence the OC has in his ability to do some of those things. If he's the starter, then I would like to think that he has the capabilities. It's the fist game, so I'm not going to get overly concerned. 

Edited by kwc

After I talked with some co-workeres, It became appearent to me that Florence, Alabama is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Memphis. I'm contemplating going down for the game. If I could put some gas in some else's vehicle and roll with them ... that sure does sound tempting.

KWC, this old geezer says good luck to the fellers of Whitehaven from Marion County, hope you guys get the W!

We appreciate the sentiment oldfaithful. we are going to try to represent Tennessee in fine fashion. What school do you support in Marion County oldfaithful?

Edited by kwc