1A AP Poll 8-24-15

We didn't go scampering to a easier region like someone did!!!!

We were not given an option by tssaa. Ya'll try and make it deep in the playoffs and we will try also. Then maybe we will be able to see who is better. I think i can speak for everyone over here and say we don't like it either!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were not given an option by tssaa. Ya'll try and make it deep in the playoffs and we will try also. Then maybe we will be able to see who is better. I think i can speak for everyone over here and say we don't like it either!

I know just bored and stirring the pot. It will be interesting with you guys and WC. Then one of you will have to deal with NCS. Semi-finals this year will be nice to watch. Most likely the state championship game.

Oneida-Whitwell scrimmaged earlier this year and the Indians won that pretty convincingly.  Outside looking in ain't a bad place though, just makes you a hungry ball club.  If we beat Meigs Co. that would raise an eyebrow or two.  Polls are great to look at but don't always give a clear indication of the teams.  Bottom line:  Your identity will be defined when you reach playoff time.  By then, the contenders and pretenders will get separated quick. 

Kaz

I know just bored and stirring the pot. It will be interesting with you guys and WC. Then one of you will have to deal with NCS. Semi-finals this year will be nice to watch. Most likely the state championship game.

I was just stirring you up a little. We both have to face some good teams. I will say ya'll have to face more of them which could be an advantage. If you make it, you will be seasoned!

Oneida-Whitwell scrimmaged earlier this year and the Indians won that pretty convincingly. Outside looking in ain't a bad place though, just makes you a hungry ball club. If we beat Meigs Co. that would raise an eyebrow or two. Polls are great to look at but don't always give a clear indication of the teams. Bottom line: Your identity will be defined when you reach playoff time. By then, the contenders and pretenders will get separated quick.

Kaz

Good post. When a team loses by mercy rule to a school comparable in size in a scrimmage or real game they probably shouldn't be ranked.

I agree! Cant really put anyone ahead of the class 1A & 2A state champions until they lose. NCS has also been to semi-finals last two years so they are deserving also. Give it six weeks and things will really shake up cause 1, 2 and 4 all play each other from the same region.

NCS has been to the semi-finals 3 straight years not 2

You are correct. They should be at least #2 or #3. Good call Horse!

I can't see Dresden unseating us until we lose. The only teams on our schedule that I see being able to beat us are UC or Dresden. Not sure about Dresden having the speed to keep up. Y'all have a good team and a very good QB just don't know if Winn is enough to make up for our speed and Malone. It will be interesting to see.

I can't see Dresden unseating us until we lose. The only teams on our schedule that I see being able to beat us are UC or Dresden. Not sure about Dresden having the speed to keep up. Y'all have a good team and a very good QB just don't know if Winn is enough to make up for our speed and Malone. It will be interesting to see.

I've said all along we don't have the team speed to unseat UC or Trenton this year. I'm also not going to say that we can't surprise either team and pull the upset of the year. If our defense doesn't learn to stop the run before we play Trenton or UC we might not even be close at the end of the game. Next year you guys better look out though.

I think I've heard that same line before. Like every year for the last how many years

I keep saying it and one of these days it will come true. Like winning the lottery. Good thing is next time we have to play it will be a much more meaningful game. Not making excuses but the past 4 years we played the last game of the year and normally it was for district title. Hodge could care less about the district so two of the four years some of our best players were dinged up and didn't play against you guys. Not saying the outcome would've been different but next time it will be in the playoffs and players will play hurting or not.