DeKalb County

West:

Goodpasture Christian

Merrol Hyde Magnet

Murfreesboro Central Magnet

Cannon County

Watertown

Who wins the East? Who wins the West?

I've heard Merrol Hyde Magnet is pretty good this year so I'll take them. Don't know about the other side coach?

The East is certainly more evenly distributed with talent than the West. However, the top tier programs of the West will most likely advance to Region in my opinion. Smith looks good on paper as does Livingston. The DeKalb/York score was a bit surprising. I figured DeKalb would hang a few more on the visiting dragons.

I haven't seen Smith yet, but based on scores and the fact their program continues to improve, I think that they will be pretty good.

Livingston came to our playday, and they have two very talented forwards and a strong defensive center back.

Macon also came to our playday, and they were a little behind where they usually are.  Granted it was preseason, and they always improve a lot as the season goes on.

I think Smith vs Livingston and Macon vs York should be good match ups.

I agree with the Livingston/Smith game. I haven't seen York or Macon so I can't tell anything about those two other than what I noticed last year. I remember York's keeper from last year being strong. Macon had a really talented striker last year along with a decent keeper and center mid that was very quick. Should be an interesting year for District 8 at least in the East Division. I still say that the top two in the West sweep the East...

I will take quality players no matter the field size and what the players are accustomed. It may influence the tempo and style of play in favor of teams that play defensively, but in the end even a very well coached defensive team can only hold off a goal for so long against a determined attack. I see it all the time with rural schools that play urban schools. They pack the defensive third of the field and play long ball to a lone striker to hopefully go ahead. Hardly ever works...