How Many Years(Consecutively) has your team made playoffs? 1A or 2A

The last time South Pittsburg didn't qualify for the playoffs was 1988. They have qualified 27 years in a row. In 2000 the team went 2-8, but qualified because they won 2 region games. During that playoff week we had to forfeit the two wins and were disqualified. 2004 was another bad year, but we made the playoffs and even hosted a first round game.

Barney you are wrong. Grider played an illegal boy in 2000 and our boys didnt go to the playoffs. That Carter mans rules were more strict than that Childress mans rules. The Jasperlites better be glad that Carter man wasnt around in 2013. You think im joking but im not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barney you are wrong. Grider played an illegal boy in 2000 and our boys didnt go to the playoffs. That Carter mans rules were more strict than that Childress mans rules. The Jasperlites better be glad that Carter man wasnt around in 2013. You think im joking but im not.

There ya go Bass, SP and WC both have made it every yr since '01, 14 straight. Which is 2nd only to TC @ 27.

Im sorry but i wouldnt count your 2-8* record where u had to vacate the wins because in the record books you Didnt make the playoffs that season and technically didnt win a game.

I said qualified. They qualified only to find out on Wednesday before the game on Friday that they had to vacate wins. So if you want to be exact. They went each year from 1989-1999, then again 2001-present.

Roy, we went to the playoffs for about 3 days. The team even practiced for the game for several games before they found out what happened. That's the year that some dad copied a document from the TSSAA and sent it to the school saying his son had been cleared to play toward the end of the season. That guy is lucky he disn't wind up in that Barnett man's jail for that Roy. Edited by TheAmbassador

I said qualified. They qualified only to find out on Wednesday before the game on Friday that they had to vacate wins. So if you want to be exact. They went each year from 1989-1999, then again 2001-present.

Roy, we went to the playoffs for about 3 days. The team even practiced for the game for several games before they found out what happened. That's the year that some dad copied a document from the TSSAA and sent it to the school saying his son had been cleared to play toward the end of the season. That guy is lucky he disn't wind up in that Barnett man's jail for that Roy.

Barney I looked consecutive up on my Webster dictionary and it means following one after another in order. I garuntee you Grider might have practiced but his boys didnt play in the playoffs in 2000. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

I'm thinking Lewis Co. has been twenty something straight years in 3a and now they are in 2a.

23 to be exact, ath. Good call..they have made it every yr since '92 but have never appeared in the finals in those 23 years.

I was looking more for teams who done it entirely while in 1 classification.

So as with Trousdale (who have been from 3A, 2A and 1A).

The Longest active streak while being in 1 classification, just 1A, is 14 & shared between..

Wayne County

South Pittsburg

**Disclaimer...This is just from my info that i looked up. There may be a team or teams in 1A with longer playoff streaks but not that I could find.**

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2