3A Region 7: Jackson Central Merry (0-2) at South Gibson (2-0)

NotNoahHouck

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware of the difference of the teams on our schedule now and then the strength of them later. Our region has a lot of tough teams and we have a gauntlet at the end of the season, so a couple of easier teams is fine at the beginning to build confidence. We had a hard schedule last year and the team fought hard and played all but 2 teams to within a score of winning. Had a 2-8 year and not a lot of respect they earned was given.

Our goal isn't to win a state championship, so its okay to have a easier schedule. Our goal, I imagine, is to make the playoffs. McNairy, Southside, and Westivew coming up. Different teams have different goals. I hope you guys can bring back another State Championship to Gibson aCo. Have a good day.

My dad went to Coillerville. My mom went to Humboldt. I lived in the same house in Gibson my whole life. Gibson is zoned for GCSSD. My brother went to GC, my sister and I went to SGC. Yes we have a lot of transfers from Humboldt and Jackson etc. The success of our school district attracts a lot of people. I'm sorry if the following comment offends anyone who works for a neighboring school district, and I'm not diminishing your hard work, but if the other school districts weren't so bad so many people wouldn't leave. We don't recruit. People come to us.

My dad went to Coillerville. My mom went to Humboldt. I lived in the same house in Gibson my whole life. Gibson is zoned for GCSSD. My brother went to GC, my sister and I went to SGC. Yes we have a lot of transfers from Humboldt and Jackson etc. The success of our school district attracts a lot of people. I'm sorry if the following comment offends anyone who works for a neighboring school district, and I'm not diminishing your hard work, but if the other school districts weren't so bad so many people wouldn't leave. We don't recruit. People come to us.

agreed...well said kid