Lee Humphrey signs with Florida!

REBELRON

The puzzling departure of White, Dupay's gambling scandal,players getting their cheekbones fractured in practice. All that turmoil, plus the fact that Donovan's top recruiter, John Pelphrey, left to coach South Alabama, leaves the future of Donovan at UF rather cloudy. I reallly wouldn't be shocked if this isn't the year Donovan finally makes his long rumored departure. If Tubby finnaly moves out at Kentucky, I think Dobovan is out as fast as he can pack his bags. In that case, Florida is a program with a past.

Florida has good young players - the foreign guy, David Lee. They also signed a really good point guard - can't remember his name - from Seattle. I'd say Florida has a pretty good future, with or without Donovan. As for Lee just being a shooter, you don't sign in the SEC if that's all you can do. Besides, weren't N.C. State, Marquette, Stanford, Georgia Tech, etc. all recruiting him? That's an awful lot of attention just for a shooter. Lee is a player who will have an impact at Florida. It's a shame he isn't as appreciated around here as he is in national circles.

They still got Matt Bonner, whos a double-double threat every time he steps on the floor, Brett Nelson, maybe the purest shooter in the SEC, Lee, and a great freshman class that includes Anthony Roberson, McDonalds All-American, Mario Boggan, a Haslam-like big man, and Christian Drejer, the foreign guy. I would say that the future looks good for the Gators, but they were big underachievers last year, and they lost a great player in White, but they should be able to rebound and have a good year, possibly including an SEC title.