Dresden Lady Lions

thebeave

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that you and yoda could go at each other any harder? I think it has gotten personal. For real though give me the scoop on Morris and what you've heard. I helped Coach the boys his junior year before moving over to the girls last season. I love Jon and from what he has told me...He walked on this year and is going to red shirt. I don't think he would lie to me, but I could be wrong.

How good is Dresden going to be. I know your girls played them last week. I am rooting for Coach Stephenson and his program. How did the bailey girl do?

As for Yoda, for some reason his posts rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I stirred the drink a little to much. I hope he is not a reflection of you all's fan base.

As for Jon, I was told that he told the coach that his heart was no longer in the game. It is a shame because he was a great player. This came via a friend of the head coach at UTM. I hope I am was mislead. I should not state it as fact, but I don't think the head coach would make up something like that. This all came down Monday 11/11 as far as I know. Good luck to your girls this year.

So how did Dresden do, what do you think their strengths and weaknesses will be?

[Edited by thebeave on 11-13-02 10:46P]

Dresden has a really strong post game. They are well coached and very organized. If they can knock down open shots they will be extremely tough. I think they shot about 60% against us. From what I gather they are very young, only having one Senior.

As for yoda he really means well. I coached him in cross country. He is a great kid who just takes his basketball a little too personally. Kinda sounds like me last year, as wescharge pushed all my buttons. The fans that did the throat slit stuff last year are by no means a majority. We do have a great fan base which was seen by the support our football team received this past season.

For your information, Westview beat East by 10. Westview did not have Fuqua and East did not have Cleaves, so take that for what it is worth. They have POTENTIAL to be very good, but as with any team right now there is a lot of work to be done so lets not get ahead of ourselves. I don't think people are giving Gibson County enough credit, they are going to be very, very good. It will be a very good year for District 13-AA.

Finally, congrats on your new addition as it will change your perspective on things. Although I don't know how wescharge would know....he hasn't had a date in ten years. :):)

About Dresden, I would expect them to have a shot at the 'Boro if he keeps them on the same page. They have some real talent over there. They should be pretty good the next few years.

[Edited by heavyd on 11-14-02 8:26A]

I think WesCharge has had a date in the last ten years, but I don't know what he knows about perspective. I didn't know he knew how to think rationally!! Oh well, guess I haven't been around him enough to see his true colors!!!

Coach Stephenson's girls will be there when the time comes. He's a great coach and has a good team. Keep your eyes open for him in March. He's the man!!