Portland 1-1 at White House 2-0

BDP2003

What was once one of the biggest rivals in the midstate now returns as a region game. Portland comes in off a 36-28 win at Greenbrier and the Devils enter with the momentum from their 25-0 win at Goodpasture. WH is banged up to say the least and the Panthers are hungry to stop their losing streak against BDP!! WH 24-10!

Good luck to yall, just praying for a safe game. Should be a good matchup. Your qb is a great kid, (he transferred from Portland) and he can flat out sling it. We are a little banged up too. This is always a good game in all sports since so many White House and Portland kids know one another. Being a district game now should bring back out alot of emotions on both sides. Not speaking for the coaches, but, we in Portland appreciate the support your coaching staff gave to our coach in the passing of his son. Looking forward to the game. My son has been playing against WH since he was about 4 in football and baseball. Going to miss it next year. 

Great game, by both sides, but I can honestly say, tonight tops all nights for terrible referees. The calls they made against both Portland and White House are one for the record books. Whistles being blown while the play is going on, inadvertent moving of the chains, not starting the clock, late hits, the list goes on. I feel this bad about it and we won!. How the TSSAA can say some of these guys are trained and qualified needs to have their heads checked. Hope all the White House players that were hurt recover. Got to say hi to their #10, their qb with a stress fracture. Played middle school with my son here in Portland, super great kid, and we will continue to pray for him. 

If the game was at Portland, I hope the goalposts came down.

LOL thanks Tandem, glad we dropped down, but sure miss you guys over there in the other forum lol. Not quite the same over here, its a lot more quieter haha. It was a great game though. I ve been on the sideline now for 4 years taking photos, and its just a different group of kids now, they are all pulling for one another, picking one another up. The Seniors are taking leadership, and picking up the younger guys, cause we do have Sophomores playing with one true outstanding Freshman. #26, great kid, and my son has taken him under his wing lol. Its just different, these kids buy into the coaching staff, and try to do what they are told. The kids were going nuts in the final seconds of the game, the coach turns around and tells, them " guys you win with class, do not celebrate on their field, we will do that when we get home", and they did. Hate to see it end this year with my son graduating. Great, group of kids. Win lose or draw, the rest of the season. The parents and fans showing up have been great, I have not heard one derogatory word yelled at the players from the stands, and thats a first in my 4 years. The kids feel it, they know how good and bad things have been. They have coaches telling them what they do right or wrong, they dont need to hear it from their own fans. Its just been a great year so far, and how it should be. Did I mention how great the kids are ? lol The Freshmen will be a good, good team in a few years as well. Hope they all stick together.