If Oak Ridge changed Head Coaches

I love coach Gaddis, he's a great motivator. He's built to turn programs around. But he's not the man to lead you to gold. While at HC he did go to 3 straight semi finals but lost the last 2 with 2 teams who had superior talent compared to their opponent. Two sec players and another OVC back all in the same backfield. He lacked the overall discipline to get to that championship caliber, that's what cost his last 2 teams at HC. Counce had it and is the reason they won gold. To summarize, Gaddis is a great motivator that can turn your team around and make it good to very good. Not disciplined enough to make it great. Good luck OR

Now that's funny. I've heard that before but we all know here in HC that a couple of special athletes did what they wanted to when they wanted to, and when they got in trouble it was overlooked, and this was after Gaddis left. Was it poor discipline that caused Marsallis Teague to fumble inside the 10 yard line near the end of the Maplewood game? No, I don't think so. A great player just made a mistake.

This is what I have been trying to say all along, but get called an idiot for it. Truth hurts.

If you don't like your coach and don't appreciate your coach, then you don't deserve him and you're a fool. I'm heading back west and getting off of this stupid thread. I always heard Oak Ridge was full of smart people. You all sound like a bunch of hillbilly, redneck, and illiterate fools. I'm out of here. I feel sorry for Gaddis if he's surrounded by fans like most of you.

Now that's funny. I've heard that before but we all know here in HC that a couple of special athletes did what they wanted to when they wanted to, and when they got in trouble it was overlooked, and this was after Gaddis left. Was it poor discipline that caused Marsallis Teague to fumble inside the 10 yard line near the end of the Maplewood game? No, I don't think so. A great player just made a mistake.

Your an idiot. Your in a vast minority if you think that shenanigans happened under Counce. Secondly, gaddis's top players being arrested IN SCHOOL for selling drugs is a direct reflection on him. That's cold hard facts RW

• Upvote 1

If you don't like your coach and don't appreciate your coach, then you don't deserve him and you're a fool. I'm heading back west and getting off of this stupid thread. I always heard Oak Ridge was full of smart people. You all sound like a bunch of hillbilly, redneck, and illiterate fools. I'm out of here. I feel sorry for Gaddis if he's surrounded by fans like most of you.

Never said I didn't like coach. Actually, I like him. No, not a hillbilly, or illiterate, but may be somewhat of a redneck (depends on your definition of the term). I actually think Joe is a pretty good coach in a lot of respects, but I just feel overall a lot of his teams @ OR have lacked discipline in some areas. Honestly, that's the only issue I have. Does that make him a bad coach? No, I personally just think it is a weakness in coaching that he has. All other coaches have weaknesses too (except maybe Quarles, I'm beginning to think he's perfect). If this makes me a redneck, illiterate, hillbilly fool, then I guess I am. I'll be the first one on here praising him if he goes on to win state this year, and I hope we do, believe that. I'm honestly not the terrible guy some of you folks make me out to be. Just a fan with some different opinions than others, and you know what they say about opinions. I honestly don't think anything I have said has demeaned or degraded the mans character or anything. Some of you guys are way too sensitive. When it's all said and done this is high school football, and some of the things said on here shouldn't be taken nearly as serious as they are. It would be different if I was assassinating the guys character or something, but I haven't. If folks can't handle a little bit of criticism then they shouldn't be here. 

Your an idiot. Your in a vast minority if you think that shenanigans happened under Counce. Secondly, gaddis's top players being arrested IN SCHOOL for selling drugs is a direct reflection on him. That's cold hard facts RW

You're the idiot and YOU are wearing blinders. If you don't know what happened with the QB TWO YEARS after Gaddis left then you're a fool too. Or are you going to blame that on Gaddis too, like Obama still blames his woes on Bush. The guy who was arrested at school was a senior who was arrested after Gaddis had already left for NC. I think I would blame that on his parents, the kid himself, and not a coach who was living in another state at the time. Get your facts straight, or better yet, stop talking before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Never said I didn't like coach. Actually, I like him. No, not a hillbilly, or illiterate, but may be somewhat of a redneck (depends on your definition of the term). I actually think Joe is a pretty good coach in a lot of respects, but I just feel overall a lot of his teams @ OR have lacked discipline in some areas. Honestly, that's the only issue I have. Does that make him a bad coach? No, I personally just think it is a weakness in coaching that he has. All other coaches have weaknesses too (except maybe Quarles, I'm beginning to think he's perfect). If this makes me a redneck, illiterate, hillbilly fool, then I guess I am. I'll be the first one on here praising him if he goes on to win state this year, and I hope we do, believe that. I'm honestly not the terrible guy some of you folks make me out to be. Just a fan with some different opinions than others, and you know what they say about opinions. I honestly don't think anything I have said has demeaned or degraded the mans character or anything. Some of you guys are way too sensitive. When it's all said and done this is high school football, and some of the things said on here shouldn't be taken nearly as serious as they are. It would be different if I was assassinating the guys character or something, but I haven't. If folks can't handle a little bit of criticism then they shouldn't be here. 

I would agree that every coach has a weakness, just like every person does.

Slow down a minute. Do you really think this represents Oak Ridge? A few people on a message board. Think again.

Even on Coach T there are a lot more of us that support our coach. We have just chosen not to participate on this thread.

Edited by OR nole

You're the idiot and YOU are wearing blinders. If you don't know what happened with the QB TWO YEARS after Gaddis left then you're a fool too. Or are you going to blame that on Gaddis too, like Obama still blames his woes on Bush. The guy who was arrested at school was a senior who was arrested after Gaddis had already left for NC. I think I would blame that on his parents, the kid himself, and not a coach who was living in another state at the time. Get your facts straight, or better yet, stop talking before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Hers the facts coach G. The qb you speak of committed his offense off campus and was arrested and never stepped foot back in the field house, wouldn't happen under Counce. Shonte had been selling drugs all year even during the football season and this was known. The police had prior knowledge all the way to August of the kid doing it. Still played. Joe, we all think and even I stated your a good to great coach, you just lack the discipline it takes to win the gold ball. At certain point you just can't out athlete teams out of the gun. You've got to be disciplined and physical to make that crucial play in the semi's or championship. Your a good to very good coach and oak ridge should be thrilled to have you.enough talk about HC on a oak ridge thread. Good luck wildcats the rest of the year and Good luck To you joe the rest of the year.