Cody Finley returns to Cheatham County

Rebel84

Does SC scare anyone anymore? At one point, they were a team that very few wanted to play. At one point, they were ranked in the top 10 in the state. At one point, they were hosting a playoff game. At one point, they had a winning record after breaking 25 years without a winning record. Until they get back to how they use to be, they will be the old SC Rebels that teams schedule for homecoming games.

I don't think Stewart County has ever scared anybody but they did have a few good years. Finley came from Cheatham to try and win the first playoff game in the schools history. I feel that he will but if he never does then we are no worse off. All the kids that suit up are important and that is why I support them. I wore the SC uniform and so did my son . Believe me I know the history of SC Football.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the history of SC as well. There was a time when they competed for their district title. Usually when you are competing for a district title, people are concerned with you.

yes we did but it was only for a few years under Holiday. I don't think he won till about his 4th or 5th year. Finley has won playoff

Games before and given the right talent he can do it here. Someone will be the first at some point and time.

I think cody is running into some of the same issues he had at cheatham if some of the talk last off season was true. I think highly of cody but think he needs to be able to bring in the best coaches he possibly can.

I don't know what the talk has been but he has had support to get the help he has asked for. Holiday started a run with Stewart County that we wanted to build on. Unfortunately Myles had to leave and Cody Finley was hired to build on what Myles started. Of course there was Coach Taylor that won 3 games the year he was here immediately after Myles.

I'm sure most of the town welcomes back not only coach finley but his two other staff members that have Cheatham ties as well. I haven't seen Stewart county this yr,but I know they picked up a win last week as did cheatham.I say you're gonna see two teams get after it tonight and the one with the least mistakes gets on track with a 2-3 record and a district win.

Edited by CUBSPR