Maplewood @ Macon Co

tnchad1980

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Maplewood
    • Macon County

Solid game for the Tigers.  The running game had great success opening big holes for the RB and QB to exploit.  There were several long runs 15+ yards.  The Defense did a great job of containing Maplewood's speed and bottling them up for most of the night. Well done gentlemen!  That being said, this did not seem like your typical Maplewood team.  They didn't seem to play with the confidence and swagger like we are used to seeing from that team.  They have some great looking kids, but just couldn't put a lot together tonight.  Good luck down the road Maplewood. Great job again by the Tigers!

Maplewood done guys... They gave it up two games ago.. They need a total reboot coaches and all.. They haven't looked this bad since the early 2000's.. I have no answers! I'm still ride or die Panthers ..but this is sad ...good game Macon Co!

-boski

When broom let the D coordinator leave the team has went down hill. I never seen maplewood this bad even on a bad year...

When broom let the D coordinator leave the team has went down hill. I never seen maplewood this bad even on a bad year...

i have seem them worse ..two back to back 0 -10 seasons ..bad times!! .. but not long after that they where playing in the big game ...so this just may be what they need ...to wake up ...i hope.

i have seem them worse ..two back to back 0 -10 seasons ..bad times!! .. but not long after that they where playing in the big game ...so this just may be what they need ...to wake up ...i hope.

I may be remebering wrong, but as I recall the first 0-10 season you speak of was due to having an ineligble player. Thus, all games that were won were forefited. The second, well, it's hard to come right out with a  0-10 season with much enthusiasm or hope of winning.  Even still, Maplewood played better then than they're playing this and last season. I do believe that Ralph Thompson was the best caoch that Maplewood has has since Wes Elrod.

They were 0 - 10 in 2003 ..in 2004 ...Patrick Johnson(state rushing record voided) was the player you speak of ..they had to forfeit 4 games from 4 - 6 to 0-10 ..my younger brother was a Jr on that team...2005 they went 8 - 4 the next year and second round exit by Hillsboro.. In a rematch that they should have won!..ah that was the game I knew they where going to be a force in the near future even though they lost ..and i was right only to see them robbed in the 2006 first round playoffs vs Clarksville by the refs oh yeah refs ...almighty as my witness.. It was the worst officials I'd ever seen..3 punt and kickoffs TD's called back.. oh the horror.. It opened my eyes to some unspoken truths about TN football..ahh thanks for the flash backs.. This 2015 team I just don't know what to say..

Edited by boski