Smith @ DeKalb

icecube

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not feeling good about this game, injuries are starting to take a tole for the Tigers.

Neither am I. What other injuries are you aware of? I know of a few other minor ones. I don't think SC is as good as they appeared to look last Friday night versus LA. Check out how they looked against Macon County and Gordonsville, and the outcome of those games. IMO they're probably somewhere in between that and how they looked versus Livingston.

For the record, I just don't think LA is a very good team at this point in time. They have a lot of holes and question marks in their overall team, and their lines are basically killing them from my understanding. With all of that said, they'd probably still beat us 7 out of 10 games. I imagine we'd have a tough time stopping Linder consistently, not to mention Hayes and Hollars.

For DeKalb County to beat Smith County, Jennings will have to be at near 100% health. We have got to be able to call designed runs, and he's got to be able to scramble without hesitation. That sore/hurt hand of his could come into play too. Gripping the ball properly and comfortably is a bigger deal than most people would realize for all the obvious reasons, and numerous other small reasons as well. Our lesser known WRs have got to step up, make plays, and catch the dang ball. Poss can't do it all by himself on the receiving end.

For us to win, I think we need to turn this into an ugly contest. I believe it needs to be a semi low scoring game too. Probably in the 21-28 point range. From all indications the odds are probably stacked against us to win, but it is doable.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I hate to hear that Jennings is hurt..sounds like he is your main weapon on offense..i hope dekalb keeps it close and that yall get healed up soon..I'll be watchin the game on dtc..but im still pullin for SC

He definitely is. So far this year he and Poss have been our only consistent offensive weapons. Our RBs by committee have looked surprisingly good this year too when Coach Trapp actually calls some running plays.

None of them are very big or exceptionally fast. They are all kind of on the smaller side, but have quick feet. They do run hard and pick up good yardage, they just don't get enough touches IMO. It is what it is I guess. Basically none of them will out run you, or run by or over you either. Somehow they still manage to be effective though when given the chance.

Smith Co by as many as they want. Dekalb is just not that good this year and Jennings cares more about baseball than football. Dekalb got rail-roaded by Stone and barely got by Cumberland.

Everybody that stone has played has been railroaded..the only games i actually counted that they played without gettin hammered was Cumberland,York, and cannon..dont nobody stand a chance agaisnt stone