Nashville Christian @ Jo Byrns

NasTchristian

Im no TC fan but 27 straight playoff appearances and every yr but 3 they have made it to at least the 2nd rd. Sprinkle in 8 championships and ya got yourself a DYNASTY up there in Hartsville!

**In the last 12+ seasons Trousdale County has also played in 3A, 2A & 1A. Winning State in both 2A & 1A. **

TC must use the same computer program some of those West TN schools use to compute their enrollment.....the one that stops at 399.....welcome back to 1A.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see deciding to go from 2a to 3a classifies as avoiding competition but anyway. Try some crap on the wall and see what will stick. Only open enrollment counties can get kids from other schools in their county. (Wilson county) Watertown. Tc Jo byrns and several other high schools around the state get only the kids zoned for that school. In some cases there is only one school in the county. We don't have any outsiders to speak of on this team. They have to live in the county to play. We'll take all comers from other schools if they want to establish a residence here but with no industry and very few jobs I don't know of anyone beating down the doors to come here. Nice try though. Go Jo byrns!

the 2a to 3a move was to avoid privates.and ya'll spun it as some courageous move up.Then it backfired when some privates  moved into 3a.  Then the  Lebanon sweatervests started to beat you in 2a and you got the heck out of there   I know what the rules are but you were talking about rumors, well rumor has it , that in the past TC had some players from areas other than TC..  Jo Byrns has been known to get a few from Springfield so lets not act like everyone is playing by the letter of the law.  I believe you when you say this team doesnt have any outsiders and thats why you will not be a factor in the post season.  But Rumor has it those past great teams did have some outsiders

Only one school in our county. We get what we get. There is a new prison being built in our county. There will be teachers for the prisoners. If they aren't over the age of 19 and don't have a diploma do you think we could start a prisoner release program for Friday nights?

I hear Adam Sandler is looking for a team to coach.

Big Dan big Dan take a breath,,, catch ur breath brother it's gunna be ok,,,,, I know of only one in the last 10 yrs that commuted from Springfield each day and pretty sure he was there prior to the jr high years,,,, both parents were teachers,,,, you don't hear of us JB folks complaining about playing the privates,, but with all due respect I do hope there is a total split in the future ! We make a team outta what we have brick by brick,,,, everybody calm yet ? Jus breath ! Lol

Almost time for them Friday night lights,,, Go Red Devils 👹

I can go on record as sayinf Wayne County has NEVER done any kind of recruiting or nothing close to it. We have 3 schools in our County(Frank Hughes/Collinwood/WC) Frank Hughes has around 98-105 kids in the HS and when they want to play football those kids usually play @ WC because well where else can they go to play fooball?? And remember i said 100 students grade 9-12 so its not like its some hotbed for talent lol. We usually have 1 or 2 that come over and play but that just started within the last 8-9 years. I can vouche for not just WC but Cwood on this topic. We dont recruit we dont do none of that crap because there is nothing to really recruit unlike some of these schools in around Nashville/Brentwood/Jackson/Memphis/Chattanooga/Murfreesboro...etc. Wayne County is positioned between Hardin County (Savannah-4A) and Lawrence County (Lawrenceburg-3A) and North is Perry County/Decatur County....Not exactly a HOT bed for drawing talent to WC.