Collinwoods first trip to Houston County

CwoodGreen

collinwood lost for one reason...they are HORRIBLE on special teams..the wood scored twice

early and both times allowed the kickoff to be run back for touchdowns....you will never win

giving away points everytime you score points. For goodness sakes just try onside kick

everytime or kick to the up back...anything is better than giving up points on kickoffs. An they gave up several long returns on punts and other kickoffs too. this was a lose totally on

the special teams....just kick it short everytime, trojans cant cover snot on returns. Physically they were better than Erin but if you cant cover kicks you are toast from the get go.

Erin is pretty good, they got a beatiful stadium but very little seating for visitors so bring your

lawnchairs...Collinwood doesnt travel so it didnt matter. The three hour drive is brutal

though for real. Erin has a good back in number 11, he is quick and fast and smart. They

are athletic but not very big compared to lots of teams. No way they hang with Huntingdon

but I havent seen Waynesboro so I cant comment on that matchup. Erin doesnt throw the

ball but their backs run hard and their defense is ok. They have a lot of experience which will always be a factor this year against collinwood.

Wood must fix special teams somehow...good grief, its called football for

a reaons!!!! Offense is fine and defense just needs to get a pissed off

attitude more than anything

If I we're the coach and giving up big plays on the return I would kick it out of bounds and just give it to them on the 40

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collinwood lost for one reason...they are HORRIBLE on special teams..the wood scored twice

early and both times allowed the kickoff to be run back for touchdowns....you will never win

giving away points everytime you score points.  For goodness sakes just try onside kick

everytime or kick to the up back...anything is better than giving up points on kickoffs.  An they gave up several long returns on punts and other kickoffs too.  this was a lose totally on

the special teams....just kick it short everytime, trojans cant cover snot on returns.  Physically they were better than Erin but if you cant cover kicks you are toast from the get go.

Erin is pretty good, they got a beatiful stadium but very little seating for visitors so bring your

lawnchairs...Collinwood doesnt travel so it didnt matter.   The three hour drive is brutal

though for real.  Erin has a good back in number 11, he is quick and fast and smart.  They

are athletic but not very big compared to lots of teams.  No way they hang with Huntingdon

but I havent seen Waynesboro so I cant comment on that matchup.  Erin doesnt throw the

ball but their backs run hard and their defense is ok.  They have a lot of experience which will always be a factor this year against collinwood.

a reaons!!!!   Offense is fine and defense just needs to get a pissed off

i told several trojans and trojan fans the wood would win that game......heard the refs played a major part in the loss.........i would like ur comments on that mirror...am i hearing that right...heard they were calling hc players by name

i told several trojans and trojan fans the wood would win that game......heard the refs played a major part in the loss.........i would like ur comments on that mirror...am i hearing that right...heard they were calling hc players by name

it was a really  bad crew, but its high school ball so you are gonna have that.  There were some no calls that irritated me.  My buddy asked why was Erin getting so many calls... I said, hey, there are maybe fifteen hundred on their side and fifty on Collinwoods side...which side would  you b willing to piss off the most?

really though I think it was collinwoods most lackluster performance so

far this year..maybe the week off and the long ride had something to do

with it...I dunno but I felt they took a step back against Erin

Edited by TheMirrorThief

it was a really  bad crew, but its high school ball so you are gonna have that.  There were some no calls that irritated me.  My buddy asked why was Erin getting so many calls... I said, hey, there are maybe fifteen hundred on their side and fifty on Collinwoods side...which side would  you b willing to piss off the most?

they dont need to be reffing then IMO.....ur still getting paid to do a job........always felt like if its worth doing ......do it right......the kids deserve that much.....i know we"ve crossed ways but in the end dont screw over our kids....amiright..from what i heard there was alot of bullsh## that night...

Houston County has Huntingdon and Wayne County which will be tough but they also play Perry County who is terrible and Clarksville Academy who is up and down. They have a major shot at winning 6-7 games by the time the season is done.

they are pretty good with two or three outstanding guys especially no 11...a tough little dude. they are athletic overall and got a little speed too 

Edited by TheMirrorThief

they dont need to be reffing then IMO.....ur still getting paid to do a job........always felt like if its worth doing ......do it right......the kids deserve that much.....i know we"ve crossed ways but in the end dont screw over our kids....amiright..from what i heard there was alot of bullsh## that night...

yeah Im not going into the drama...I had a good experience up there, really nice people...it was a hard hitting physical game and some tempers got stirred up

giving away points everytime you score points. For goodness sakes just try onside kick

everytime or kick to the up back...anything is better than giving up points on kickoffs. An they gave up several long returns on punts and other kickoffs too. this was a lose totally on

the special teams....just kick it short everytime, trojans cant cover snot on returns. Physically they were better than Erin but if you cant cover kicks you are toast from the get go.

lawnchairs...Collinwood doesnt travel so it didnt matter. The three hour drive is brutal

though for real. Erin has a good back in number 11, he is quick and fast and smart. They

are athletic but not very big compared to lots of teams. No way they hang with Huntingdon

but I havent seen Waynesboro so I cant comment on that matchup. Erin doesnt throw the

ball but their backs run hard and their defense is ok. They have a lot of experience which will always be a factor this year against collinwood.

a reaons!!!! Offense is fine and defense just needs to get a pissed off

Thanks for the insightful post. Hope yall stomp Zion and are can finish strong. Was good to hear some info from someone who has watched Houston Co. live.

Ok, Mirrior Thief, I will grant you one thing Collinwood's Kickoff team ( not the entire special teams) play was sub par but so was Houston County's. HC had two kick off returns for touchdowns and CWood had one as well. CWood's return and two offensive TD's with 3 failed 2 point conversions was their total 18 points for the night.Secondly, You stated that HC had several good punt returns as well. That's incorrect. HC only fielded and returned ONE punt and it was by number 15 I believe and he had about a 30 yard return, However, it was not for a touchdown an Woods other punts were directional punts or coverage punts that didn't permit any return. I'm all about being honest and giving credit where credit is due. I'm by no means saying HC can compete or beat Huntington or Wayne because I know very little about any of the three teams. With that said from the film I got from the game HC had 14 points  from special teams. If that's the only way HC won the game then where did the other 28 points come from that HC put up???? Take those 14 points away and HC still wins a close one 28-18. This win for HC came from Collinwoods inability to stop HC's run. After the half HC came out up 21-12 and pounded Collinwood into submission. HC simply wanted it more. Whether they will compete with the two powerhouses in the division is left to be seen but give them credit Hc won that game from their will to win plain and simple. They gave up just as many bad plays to Collinwood as Collinwood did them as HC's defense faulted times with Lockley #5 they just didn't quit where Collinwood lost their cool and quit fighting

Edited by TE37

I Will however agree after talking to some of HC's coaches Collinwood was by far the most physical team they have played yet. To hear it told #5 is The Wood's pride and joy and according to the HC staff he's an extremely hard runner with the football in his hands. They also said he wasn't the only hard runner that it seemed like all their backs were tough to bring down. Im not sure exactly what started the uproar due to cuts in the film but I do know that one of Hc's assistant coaches said Collinwood's head coach was a class act individual. That he was very apologetic for a couple of his kids actions while shaking hands after the game so who knows. Very PHYSICAL game. Tensions were high and things got a little out of hand. Again according to the film you are right seems like their were some missed calls and maybe some botched calls for both teams from that officiating crew. Seemed like there was an exchange of words midway through the second quarter. Had the ref's taken care of it then, there might not have been an outburst later in the game. It is what it is I guess. Maybe that crew will get it together. I hope so anyway for the next two teams sake.

Edited by TE37