Collinwoods first trip to Houston County

CwoodGreen

they are pretty good with two or three outstanding guys especially no 11...a tough little dude. they are athletic overall and got a little speed too

5, 11, 6, and 99 all run very hard. Defensively their interior guys 57 and 56 and dominant and any football fan knows that teams that win the line of scrimmage rarely lose unless they turn it over a bunch. Houston County plays a style of offense that prohibits them from turning the football over a lot. Field position, a strong running game, and a dominant defense has been their calling card all season to date.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Mirrior Thief, I will grant you one thing Collinwood's Kickoff team ( not the entire special teams) play was sub par but so was Houston County's. HC had two kick off returns for touchdowns and CWood had one as well. CWood's return and two offensive TD's with 3 failed 2 point conversions was their total 18 points for the night.Secondly, You stated that HC had several good punt returns as well. That's incorrect. HC only fielded and returned ONE punt and it was by number 15 I believe and he had about a 30 yard return, However, it was not for a touchdown an Woods other punts were directional punts or coverage punts that didn't permit any return. I'm all about being honest and giving credit where credit is due. I'm by no means saying HC can compete or beat Huntington or Wayne because I know very little about any of the three teams. With that said from the film I got from the game HC had 14 points  from special teams. If that's the only way HC won the game then where did the other 28 points come from that HC put up???? Take those 14 points away and HC still wins a close one 28-18. This win for HC came from Collinwoods inability to stop HC's run. After the half HC came out up 21-12 and pounded Collinwood into submission. HC simply wanted it more. Whether they will compete with the two powerhouses in the division is left to be seen but give them credit Hc won that game from their will to win plain and simple. They gave up just as many bad plays to Collinwood as Collinwood did them as HC's defense faulted times with Lockley #5 they just didn't quit where Collinwood lost their cool and quit fighting

I Will however agree after talking to some of HC's coaches Collinwood was by far the most physical team they have played yet. To hear it told #5 is The Wood's pride and joy and according to the HC staff he's an extremely hard runner with the football in his hands. They also said he wasn't the only hard runner that it seemed like all their backs were tough to bring down. Im not sure exactly what started the uproar due to cuts in the film but I do know that one of Hc's assistant coaches said Collinwood's head coach was a class act individual. That he was very apologetic for a couple of his kids actions while shaking hands after the game so who knows. Very PHYSICAL game. Tensions were high and things got a little out of hand. Again according to the film you are right seems like their were some missed calls and maybe some botched calls for both teams from that officiating crew. Seemed like there was an exchange of words midway through the second quarter. Had the ref's taken care of it then, there might not have been an outburst later in the game. It is what it is I guess. Maybe that crew will get it together. I hope so anyway for the next two teams sake.

good to hear the other side of the story....i had cwoods side....theres always two sides right.....anyway i look forward to making that trip up 13N again to see how WC matches up.