Cannon vs York

redmolly

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Describe the feeder system for football in Fentress County. Have no clue what it is. Is there a middle school?

Bulldog League

Pee Wee's are 6-7 yrs old

Jr Pro 8-9 Yrs old

Sr Pro 10-11 yrs old

We have a middle school team however there is no middle school in Fentress Co.  We have 4 elementary schools in the county and the Fentress Crush team is compiled of 7th and 8th graders from all 4 schools.  For whatever reason though, we lose interest in this group.  Kids will play all 3 age groups of Bulldogs and then quit for that 7th grade year.  Some will come back as 8th graders but most don't.  I don't understand why though, the Crush team has had great success with that one thorn in the side (Overton Co),  as we somehow seem to lose to them every year, well at least for the past several anyways. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by hitme

The Crush team(Middle School) has had around 35 average the last 10 years.  The last 2 years they have had an average of 20.  This year they had 16 kids that were 12 years old in July.  only 8 kids will be back next year.  The community is pushing their kids through school at a very young age.  It makes it very hard on the young men that are trying and wanting to play.  hitme is correct...for some reason, several kids quit playing at the 7th and 8th grade level.  Maybe the Crush coaches don't do a good job asking them to keep playing, or maybe they are intimidated with the thought of moving up.  I think that the Crush coaches are fair and treat the players good.  Really don't know...they have been very successful even though most teams they play have twice the kids and spend more time preparing for season.  I am of course very biased.

The Crush team(Middle School) has had around 35 average the last 10 years.  The last 2 years they have had an average of 20.  This year they had 16 kids that were 12 years old in July.  only 8 kids will be back next year.  The community is pushing their kids through school at a very young age.  It makes it very hard on the young men that are trying and wanting to play.  hitme is correct...for some reason, several kids quit playing at the 7th and 8th grade level.  Maybe the Crush coaches don't do a good job asking them to keep playing, or maybe they are intimidated with the thought of moving up.  I think that the Crush coaches are fair and treat the players good.  Really don't know...they have been very successful even though most teams they play have twice the kids and spend more time preparing for season.  I am of course very biased.

According to the local paper the 6th,7th and 8th grade county team has 14 players this year in Cannon county bless those kids that want to play and the coaches that want to work with them.  No Middle School hurts not only football but many other things that could be offered.