Coffee Co @ Oakland

ccraider99

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't have to maintain their momentum against CC. They proved last night they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. Heartbreaking loss? Give me a break. Riverdale is the worse team in RuCo with major issues and still much better than CC. Riverdale should be embarrassed winning by 1.

If you think the Smyrna game was bad, just wait for Oakland.

They won't have to maintain their momentum against CC. They proved last night they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. Heartbreaking loss? Give me a break. Riverdale is the worse team in RuCo with major issues and still much better than CC. Riverdale should be embarrassed winning by 1.

If you think the Smyrna game was bad, just wait for Oakland.

Don't let the score fool you. Oakland got a pick 6 late to make the score look better in terms of margin of victory. Far as I'm concerned, Oakland and Blackman are still 1A and 1B.

Oakland should be a huge favorite, but they will be facing CC on the heels of a huge win in a rivalry game, just like they did in 2008 when CC nearly pulled the upset.

I agree Oakland and Blackman are the top 2 teams and are both VERY good football teams. And I also agree that it's going to be difficult coming back from an emotional game last night. But there is no way that CC can play with them. Oakland has had to come back the next week after emotional games against much better opponents. And Oakland is better than the 2008 team. This Oakland team is going to make a serious run for a state championship.

I agree Oakland and Blackman are the top 2 teams and are both VERY good football teams. And I also agree that it's going to be difficult coming back from an emotional game last night. But there is no way that CC can play with them. Oakland has had to come back the next week after emotional games against much better opponents. And Oakland is better than the 2008 team. This Oakland team is going to make a serious run for a state championship.

Offensively, they should be but I would be very surprised if there as good defensively as that 2008 title team was. Oakland has struggled in the 1st quarter so if CC can take advantage of any mistakes early on they may have a chance to make it competitive

Where are all of the Patriot posters? Nobody want to talk about the 2nd ranked team in 6A? Regardless...I know nothing of CC, but I wouldn't think Oakland should have too much trouble. Unless, that is, they come out flat because of homecoming or a Blackman hangover. Errr....scratch that. They've came out flat in every game.

Anyways... just a few observations after four games from a little ol single A guy.

1.) Gotta have better play in the 1st quarter. You don't have to get behind, before you realize that the game has already started.

2.) Ball security is horrendous!! That has to be cleaned up!! None of Creasy's other teams have had this problem so that's on the one's toting rock. Can you play one game without a turnover?

3.) QB...make quicker decisions. When you come out of your play fake, be ready to throw. You've got recievers open...just get it to them.

4.) The personal fouls against Blackman are unexcusable!!

5.) Special teams...Geez. There are three phases of the game. All are important!!

6.) (and I'll may get some heat for this, but I really don't care...) #7. You are the best player on the field. Everybody is watching you. You don't have to keep looking in the stands to make sure of it!! As a matter of fact, that goes for all single digits (not wearing #9) and skill people!!

Not ranting or raving. Just some constructive critisism. You can beat most of the teams on the schedule making these mistakes, but these issues will get you beat in late November. You are 3 and 1, and have yet to play to your full capabilities. Could be hard to handle if you ever do!! Just saying...

Where are all of the Patriot posters? Nobody want to talk about the 2nd ranked team in 6A? Regardless...I know nothing of CC, but I wouldn't think Oakland should have too much trouble. Unless, that is, they come out flat because of homecoming or a Blackman hangover. Errr....scratch that. They've came out flat in every game.

Anyways... just a few observations after four games from a little ol single A guy.

1.) Gotta have better play in the 1st quarter. You don't have to get behind, before you realize that the game has already started.

2.) Ball security is horrendous!! That has to be cleaned up!! None of Creasy's other teams have had this problem so that's on the one's toting rock. Can you play one game without a turnover?

3.) QB...make quicker decisions. When you come out of your play fake, be ready to throw. You've got recievers open...just get it to them.

4.) The personal fouls against Blackman are unexcusable!!

5.) Special teams...Geez. There are three phases of the game. All are important!!

6.) (and I'll may get some heat for this, but I really don't care...) #7. You are the best player on the field. Everybody is watching you. You don't have to keep looking in the stands to make sure of it!! As a matter of fact, that goes for all single digits (not wearing #9) and skill people!!

Not ranting or raving. Just some constructive critisism. You can beat most of the teams on the schedule making these mistakes, but these issues will get you beat in late November. You are 3 and 1, and have yet to play to your full capabilities. Could be hard to handle if you ever do!! Just saying...

Pretty much the only Oakland guy (as far as I know) on here. I'll agree with you on most counts. Some can be improved, but the coaches are as much at fault as the players.

Your right it will get you beat late in the season if not rectified but I have faith Coach Creasy and his staff will get it done. Also gotta keep in mind Oakland is transitioning to Wing-T from the Pro/Spread that they have ALWAYS done. It's going to take some time

Edited by MidTennFootball

Pretty much the only Oakland guy (as far as I know) on here. I'll agree with you on most counts. Some can be improved, but the coaches are as much at fault as the players.

Your right it will get you beat late in the season if not rectified but I have faith Coach Creasy and his staff will get it done. Also gotta keep in mind Oakland is transitioning to Wing-T from the Pro/Spread that they have ALWAYS done. It's going to take some time

I'll make you two promises....

Creasy will get it straightened out, and the transition to the wing t will not take as long as it has across town.

#yesijustdid

#shotbelowthebelt

I'll make you two promises....

Creasy will get it straightened out, and the transition to the wing t will not take as long as it has across town.

#yesijustdid

#shotbelowthebelt

We shall see. The Wing-T has never won at title at the state's largest classification. Creasy was a great coach in 1A/2A but like every coach that moves to a significantly different kind of culture/program, he will have to refine his approach and realize what worked at TC may not work at Oakland