Fayetteville's Tigers go to Columbia Academy

Varo

I've heard they have a bunch of athletes, but I'm hoping we start fast out of the gate and can hang on to the end. I'm worried that if it's a slugfest, they'll just wear us down. We only have around 30 on the roster and will have to outlast them with better conditioning. Maybe they're overlooking our poor little team, but good teams don't overlook any opponent. If it comes down to special teams, we may have an edge. I don't know if they've put up a lot of points and then coasted for the win with their reserves. That might keep us in the game. I know they went to double OT with FRA, a common opponent this year, and lost b/c they went for the win. We have been able to put points on the board, including FRA's starters. This one will be a good game if we keep up our end of the deal, but hey "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". We're hoping to take a bunch of students, and we usually travel well, so that might help out a little also. Can't wait 'til Friday though! Go Tigers!

In refernce to Special Teams. I do know they have last season Mr. Football finalist K/P #8 Garrison back and he also plays WR he is being looked at by several small to middle size colleges. He consistently boots it thru the endzone if needed on KOs. They have a ton of team speed and have a tremendous combo at QB/WR--See last weeks Summertown film. They will be tough to beat especially at home. BTW from all accounts they have one of if not THE best field for a 1A team in the State. Good luck to the Tigers!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA passes and they pass efficiently.

Passing:

#5 is 39-56 846 yds 10 TDs 2 INTs

205.5 yds avg per game

Leading Receivers:

#1 26 Rec 549 yds 7 TD

#8 12 Rec 250 yds 2 TD

#8 is 26/26 on PATs and on 30 Kickoffs he has had 24 (!) Touchbacks

So basically come out in a nickel or dime package all game and hope ya got a cpl shutdown corners/safeties. They have some talent on the line too. The stats are much better than I realized.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Played ball there at CA. From 2010-2012. Not sure how Fayetteville is on talent but if they are quite equal with CA the only chance you have at winning is out coaching. I know the HC there very well and I will say with no bias at all that he is a very determined indivual. I've never known in my life a coach who maybe gets an hour of sleep a night because he stays up and diagnosis a team from top to bottom he finds ways to win and he started there by winning with the middle school than took the head job the year I left. They have talented kids who could still win some ball games but the way they are winning is all due to him. Should be a good one. P.S. I miss sitting in class back in 2010-2012 reading these forums. Seemed much more fun when the region was together had no clue they split.

Played ball there at CA. From 2010-2012. Not sure how Fayetteville is on talent but if they are quite equal with CA the only chance you have at winning is out coaching. I know the HC there very well and I will say with no bias at all that he is a very determined indivual. I've never known in my life a coach who maybe gets an hour of sleep a night because he stays up and diagnosis a team from top to bottom he finds ways to win and he started there by winning with the middle school than took the head job the year I left. They have talented kids who could still win some ball games but the way they are winning is all due to him. Should be a good one. P.S. I miss sitting in class back in 2010-2012 reading these forums. Seemed much more fun when the region was together had no clue they split.

Glad to have ya back on the boards and yeah new regions got a lil whacky this yr.

CA passes and they pass efficiently.

Passing:

#5 is 39-56 846 yds 10 TDs 2 INTs

205.5 yds avg per game

Leading Receivers:

#1 26 Rec 549 yds 7 TD

#8 12 Rec 250 yds 2 TD

#8 is 26/26 on PATs and on 30 Kickoffs he has had 24 (!) Touchbacks

So basically come out in a nickel or dime package all game and hope ya got a cpl shutdown corners/safeties. They have some talent on the line too. The stats are much better than I realized.

thats really good for a 1A team to be able to pass like that. Good luck to those kids. Sounds like the coach has them believing in winning.

I'm flipping a coin to see if I'm going to watch this game or Cwood, you Fville fans won't throw us WC fans off y'all's side will you

Have you guys figured out yet if WC/CA would meet in the playoffs (qtr/semis) or would it not be until the big one?... Might be a good idea for the right ones from WC to go catch this game... If a rematch of last year is in the making, it will be every bit as good as last year.

Have you guys figured out yet if WC/CA would meet in the playoffs (qtr/semis) or would it not be until the big one?... Might be a good idea for the right ones from WC to go catch this game... If a rematch of last year is in the making, it will be every bit as good as last year.

CA and WC would only meet in Cookeville at the finale Edited by OldMain