Elizabethton (3-1) @ Tennessee High (4-1)

THSSpectre7

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THS has one of the better lines we have faced this season.. If Shuff doesn't play, however, it's hard for me to see a scenario where THS wins...EHS threw and ran well in scrimmage vs DB. I will have to take EHS in this one with the slight edge going to the cyclones in coaching and game plan...  

I have to agree on all points. 

I actually do agree with his points. I think the Vikings hold an edge up front and we have the more athletic team this year especially if #22 plays, but even if he doesn't. I also agree that if #22 doesn't play we are going to have to do something totally different than we have shown up to this point in order to win. We have struggled all season long to get any kind of cohesive flow on offense (with the exception of the Mo East game), so we have resorted to what has worked and that is to put the saddle on #22. Kinda like you guys did last year only you had a QB that could make things happen with his feet to keep teams honest. We could also have that option but our coaching staff chooses to go another direction and they've been able to get away with it because we haven't played anybody but DB this season up to this point. I've seen flashes of greatness by the play caller on occasion like the Mo East game and a few unexpected plays in the Virginia High game. So I'm hoping he's just holding his cards close until this half of the season and we're not going to continue to be this "predictably timid" with our play calling. 

May sound silly but....heart! Too many ppl were writing them off and just thought they'd be ran over. Heck even I thought the score was going to be way bigger. That's probably the best game so far on penalties. We keep those down and in front of the sticks we keep the "old mo" going. We haven't had a big FB going in front of our HB since the JC game so that switched things a bit. QB can put it in tight window like he did at the Hill but our line has to give him time. Guess it'll depend on which team shows up.

Edited by gr8tplay