Best 10 Teams in State- All Classifications

Spartan4Life

What makes you think a 1A Union City team can play with the top 10 teams in the state who play significantly better competition week in and week out? I'm not saying they couldn't or arent a good team but I just don't see them beating anyone in the top 10 or coming within single digits.

I agree with you for the most, but they would surprise some people, just don't have the depth to consistently compete with the bigger schools, they run that veer like nobody's business though.....lol

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Union City could beat a couple top 10 or 15 teams in a game.  It's hard to stop that offense, and if they built a sizable lead they could easily control the clock even if depth started to become an issue.  

With that said, of course there's no way they could hang week in and week out in 6A and some 5A regions.  Just don't have the numbers.  I think it speaks volumes to their success though when I easily think they could highly sucessful in 2A, 3A (even as tough as it is this year), and possibly 4A.  

I don't know if I could rank 10 but your guess is as good as anyone's I suppose. I'll hold off ranking BA ahead of MBA until after Friday but I do think BA has the talent to beat MBA this year if they can limit mistakes.

At this moment it would seem that Maryville and BA are the best in the state when they are playing well. MBA - Baylor and Oakland may be a notch down. White haven looks good at times and so does Ravenwood .

I would not be surprised one bit to see the same teams as last year advance to the quarters and semis.

In D2 BA has the best team I have seen in a while on their field but at times they are prone to mistakes which they need to clean up. I may be wrong but I don't see the Memphis D2 schools beating BA - MBA or Baylor this year.

With that said MUS is always good playoff time and they showed against South Panola this year how they can play with elite teams at least for a half. Christian brothers was hammered by a team I think The top teams in d2 could go toe to toe with so I just don't see them at the top

6a is down a little from last year in my opinion but so is d2 . Both are more top heavy this year.

With the results in from last night, I have a new top 10.

1. Brentwood Academy

2. Maryville

3. Baylor

4. Oakland

5. MBA

6. Independence

7. Alcoa

8. Fulton

9. Christian Brothers

10. Blackman

Edited by baylorbigdog1976