Cannon county worst coached team?

owls1

This job will not come open until his daddy is no longer chairman of the board.  They may not play football hard in Cannon county, but they sure play daddy ball hard. :mrgreen:

Daddy ain't got no say so when only two thirds of a vote is needed. His vote doesn't carry more weight than the rest of the board members.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

If you say its a done deal then I believe you.

I dont know him personally but I conversing with him on here.

I hope he does well. Cannon has a new fan.

I hope they beat Dekalb every time they play.haha jk. Trapp is an acquaintance and a good man. I cant root against him.

Nothing is dead set in stone yet. At this time no contract/paperwork has been signed, just a gentleman's agreement. It would do more harm than good to let go of their current coach during mid season for several reasons. For one you have got to think of the players, and secondly money, always money.

They will owe the coach less by letting him finish out the year. I'm sure some sort of buyout is in place to protect both parties.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Whoever coaches next year must also face this. The seniors in high school last  year and this group that are seniors now  are maybe the best two back to back groups in a long time. Maybe 35 years and just a few played football. Basketball and baseball got most of them. others gave up the sport or moved to play at other places. Plenty of talent soon to be gone. This year's  6th, 7th and 8th grade team has only 14 players according to the local paper.They have won some games so they have guys that can play.

Redmolly don't know who you are but you seem close to the situation down there in Woodbury. It amazes me of the excuses that everyone has for them not having the resources etc to be good football team, when it sounds like and looks like the number 1 reason is the lack of coaching ability of the head coach, whether it be game planning or having control of the players or just the simple knowledge of the game of football. The kids are there in the school on the boys side which is evident by the success of your basketball program they evidently have a coach that can control situations and keep parents out of the involvement and let him coach and be successful. Does not seem to be any daddy ball in the gym and that's what's best. If your basketball team can have continued success with the right person who is capable of coaching and not having daddy help him out all the time from what people are saying maybe they can break the norm of 3 wins per year average and go to 4 but who knows .

Edited by secretagentman

Redmolly don't know who you are but you seem close to the situation down there in Woodbury. It amazes me of the excuses that everyone has for them not having the resources etc to be good football team, when it sounds like and looks like the number 1 reason is the lack of coaching ability of the head coach, whether it be game planning or having control of the players or just the simple knowledge of the game of football. The kids are there in the school on the boys side which is evident by the success of your basketball program they evidently have a coach that can control situations and keep parents out of the involvement and let him coach and be successful. Does not seem to be any daddy ball in the gym and that's what's best. If your basketball team can have continued success with the right person who is capable of coaching and not having daddy help him out all the time from what people are saying maybe they can break the norm of 3 wins per year average and go to 4 but who knows .

3 wins a year isn't even the norm.

Ask the man yourself. I know he's not well liked here on the 'T', and probably deservedly so. The fact is he's a brilliant football mind though, and is very well respected within the football community.

I'm betting he's been instructed to remain silent on the subject until a further proper date. It's very unlike UCM to not comment and let his opinion be known in these threads, especially if his name has been brought up. He's been posting and is active in other threads today. You do the math.

If this is real I hope he does well. I enjoy UCM and would pull for Cannon except when he faces us of course.

Nothing as earth shattering as the UCM news, but do have an observation about the current situation after the game the other night.  One way to tell how well a team is coached is to watch the special teams.   CC had a lot of issues here.  They were running guys on/off the field late, aligning and re-aligning, and mishandling kicks.  I believe they even had to take a timeout or two on special teams.  These things shouldn't be happening in the sixth week of the season. This could either be the coaching and communication received, lack of coaches to be able to focus on it at practice or some of both.

So if a change is made, who are the candidates? Maybe an Upperman or Dekalb assistant? Any former assistants? Maybe Barger whose name always comes up? Who is the guy if not UCM? Which Im still pretty sure you were joking. And again, like I said earlier, are there reasons aside from coaching that this guy is on the hot seat? If the players and students love him, maybe he will grow into it. Im from Sequatchie and I always heard Barger was happy at Cannon. Maybe give him a call? Im just saying the administration has to make an important decision here. Losing the blessing of a school board member and businessman could be a bad thing. Or maybe enough is enough. Lots to think about. Oh and if I recall, Cannon is not an automatic win for Smith County these days haha! A win could change the tone.

It's up to the Principal to do the firing. Yes, the good ole boy system can be in place and the Board can pressure or influence the Principal, but should be his decision he needs to make.

Redmolly....are you implying that buying out our Director (as rumored) will not be an option?

What does buying out the Director have to do with  football coaching or any kind of coaching do not understand your question.