Bearden @ Bradley Central

alt1958

True but McMinn and walker valley are better than Powell and karns. And your still talking about a scrimmage from the past spring in which the veer is a hard offense to learn. On top of the fact that most of Cleveland's starting backfield were in track. Karns, Powell, won't make the playoffs nor would WB if they weren't in the super 32. Cleveland is probably going to be in the playoffs at least. Not gonna get into who hasnt played anybody good. But I don't see bearden stopping #10

I'm just saying Bearden has played undefeated Farragut and Maryville teams that are very good, as well as a Hardin Valley team that only has one loss but gave DB a very good game. To this point Bearden has had a tougher road. And say what you want about WB but we have had much tougher competition than the chatt area teams. We were in a district with 2 state champs and a few other teams that made it to the quarters or semis just about every year. If we had played in that old district 5AAA we would have went to the playoffs more often than not. Edited by Governors91

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying Bearden has played undefeated Farragut and Maryville teams that are very good, as well as a Hardin Valley team that only has one loss but gave DB a very good game. To this point Bearden has had a tougher road. And say what you want about WB but we have had much tougher competition than the chatt area teams. We were in a district with 2 state champs and a few other teams that made it to the quarters or semis just about every year. If we had played in that old district 5AAA we would have went to the playoffs more often than not.

Bradley 28 bearden 17

No offense to Bradley but have they beat anybody good? Walker Valley and McMinn aren't very good. And you said yourself that Cleveland isn't very good. I mean Cleveland made WB look like allstars in the scrimmage in the spring

Bradley has not beat anyone that is very good. This should be a good game.

Don't base Cleveland off of how they looked in the Spring. They had a 100% turnover in skilled players & are just now getting comfortable with a new veer offense with mostly underclassmen under a new head coach & OC. Not saying they are a threat to go to Cookeville, but don't judge them off of seeing them this spring.

Edited by FootballFan51

I'm just saying Bearden has played undefeated Farragut and Maryville teams that are very good, as well as a Hardin Valley team that only has one loss but gave DB a very good game. To this point Bearden has had a tougher road. And say what you want about WB but we have had much tougher competition than the chatt area teams. We were in a district with 2 state champs and a few other teams that made it to the quarters or semis just about every year. If we had played in that old district 5AAA we would have went to the playoffs more often than not.

As usual SE TN gets the Red Headed Stepchild treatment ;) Things in old District 5 was a little tougher then you think. Now I don't throw bombs out like PA, but the reality is WB would have had a tough time in the old district. Couple of years ago the Bears wandered up to Maryville for a playoff game and seems Maryville had a bit of a tougher time than expected. But keep underestimating the Bears. I like that.

If you really want to discuss tough districts better head to Middle Tn. Think they may have a stronger argument than Knoxville.

Alt,

Theres no doubt that Middle Tennessee football is tough. But the fact is the old district 4AAA was right up there with them. I meant no disrespect to 5AAA but the facts are the facts. 4AAA dominated 5AAA when teams from those districts played or scrimmaged each other . There's no doubt that 5AAA had some good teams. Cleveland, East Hamilton, and Ooltewah had some good teams. And I did see that Bradley/Maryville game and it looked to me like Bradley had a tough team that gave maryville their best shot but maryville pulled away like they always do. So yeah i'll admit that ya'll had some tough teams but the bottom half of that region was almost always weak. In 4AAA we had years where every team had tough teams but had teams finish with losing records because not everyone can win. WB was 3-7 almost every year but we had a number of games that came down to the 4th Qtr and we lost alot of 1 or 2 possession games. Bradley was a perennial .500 team in 5AAA and seemed to be very inconsistent. If im not mistaken ya'll lost (or came close) to Polk Co and gave maryville a game in the same year. How does that happen? From what I saw it seemed to me that Bradley was alot like WB. By that I mean they were very inconsistent and you never knew what you were going to get. They just looked a little better and made the playoffs because their schedule was lighter.

Alt,

Theres no doubt that Middle Tennessee football is tough. But the fact is the old district 4AAA was right up there with them. I meant no disrespect to 5AAA but the facts are the facts. 4AAA dominated 5AAA when teams from those districts played or scrimmaged each other . There's no doubt that 5AAA had some good teams. Cleveland, East Hamilton, and Ooltewah had some good teams. And I did see that Bradley/Maryville game and it looked to me like Bradley had a tough team that gave maryville their best shot but maryville pulled away like they always do. So yeah i'll admit that ya'll had some tough teams but the bottom half of that region was almost always weak. In 4AAA we had years where every team had tough teams but had teams finish with losing records because not everyone can win. WB was 3-7 almost every year but we had a number of games that came down to the 4th Qtr and we lost alot of 1 or 2 possession games. Bradley was a perennial .500 team in 5AAA and seemed to be very inconsistent. If im not mistaken ya'll lost (or came close) to Polk Co and gave maryville a game in the same year. How does that happen? From what I saw it seemed to me that Bradley was alot like WB. By that I mean they were very inconsistent and you never knew what you were going to get. They just looked a little better and made the playoffs because their schedule was lighter.

A lot of teams don't come close to even giving Maryville a game. Bradley was a .500 team that year true, but the QB was injured in the Cleveland game which we lost by I think 2, if I remember correctly.

Funny thing about saying that Bradley was a perennial .500 team. Actually Bradley was better than that  but the Decades of the 80's and 90' had good and lean years and yes was inconsistent. Lot's of coaching changes and things of that nature. Coach Floyd has been at the helm now for 10 years so the consistency is starting to come back.

District 5 has always been a dog fight, and most of the time the teams playing the District 4 teams usually has been in the playoffs and not the rank and file. Scrimmages are just that and usually don't mean much if anything because you don't know the agenda.

Polk County did beat Bradley a couple of years, but that was a rivalry thing. And Polk county had some decent teams.

A lot of teams don't come close to even giving Maryville a game. Bradley was a .500 team that year true, but the QB was injured in the Cleveland game which we lost by I think 2, if I remember correctly.

Funny thing about saying that Bradley was a perennial .500 team. Actually Bradley was better than that but the Decades of the 80's and 90' had good and lean years and yes was inconsistent. Lot's of coaching changes and things of that nature. Coach Floyd has been at the helm now for 10 years so the consistency is starting to come back.

District 5 has always been a dog fight, and most of the time the teams playing the District 4 teams usually has been in the playoffs and not the rank and file. Scrimmages are just that and usually don't mean much if anything because you don't know the agenda.

Polk County did beat Bradley a couple of years, but that was a rivalry thing. And Polk county had some decent teams.

When I said they were inconsistent I meant they are inconsistent on a game by game basis. If you are going 5-5 and squeaking into the playoffs and giving Maryville and Science Hill a hard time your team is obviously inconsistent because they are losing games they probably shouldn't lose in the regular season. And BTW WB had a 4-6 team a few years ago that put more points on the board against Maryville than anybody else that whole year and lost 41-21. And yet we lost to teams like Jefferson County, Bearden, and Farragut. And yes we were inconsistent (because I watched them every game and it was like you never knew what team you were going to see from week to week). I mean... Explain this to me...... How in the heck do you only score 7 points against mediocre teams like Knox Central and Jefferson Co when you have a team that's capable of going 80+ yards for a TD in one play and scoring 21 points on Maryville's defense? If that's not inconsistency I don't know what it is. I haven't watched Bradley like I have watched WB every week but I can tell just by looking at the scores what's going on over there. If you are giving Maryville and Science Hill tough games you should be able to blow out any team you play in the Chatt Area yet that hasn't been the case. You were actually doing the opposite (getting blown out). That's inconsistency.