Forrest at Watertown

Bass, that's what you said about a Boyd team that thoroughly dominated us as well. I don't think we are as good as you might think we are. I'm sure Forrest has a fine football team and I remember going out to their place several years ago. Long long drive. One thing I do agree on though, if Forrest doesn't hammer Watertown, then they have no shot against the Warriors. What kind of offense does the rockets and tigers run?

You are correct TTP. I never expected Boyd to beat Marion County because I know how good of a team Marion has this year. I'm anxious to get a look at Boyd pretty soon. I'm thinking I will go watch you guys Friday. I'm not going to Finley to watch that debacle. Also I doubt Boyd dominated Marion in that game. If they did then they must be loaded because I believe Marion is very, very good. Edited by TheAmbassador

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct TTP. I never expected Boyd to beat Marion County because I know how good of a team Marion has this year. I'm anxious to get a look at Boyd pretty soon. I'm thinking I will go watch you guys Friday. I'm not going to Finley to watch that debacle. Also I doubt Boyd dominated Marion in that game. If they did then they must be loaded because I believe Marion is very, very good.

The difference was the loss factor

Just being objective, I think Huntland and Westmoreland are tougher than any team that Watertown has beaten. And Forrest beat them by a combined 70-7.

Westmoreland is a shell of the team they have been. Watertown would beat them by five or more touchdowns. Ive seen both play and its not close.

Some say this Rockets team is better than the 89 team that played well against the state champs. I still think Watertowns skill players are too much. Watertown by 3.

Your good and my definition of good are different. Watertown beat a horrible Grundy team by one touchdown. They then lost by 26 to Davidson Academy. Watertown is average at best.

Have you seen DAs offense under Quinn? They can put up a ton of points on teams. Thats what a longtime NFL QB as your head coach will do. Plus, using DA as a comparison is bad considering who DA plays and that those DIIA schools would play for the gold ball every year.

Have you seen DAs offense under Quinn? They can put up a ton of points on teams. Thats what a longtime NFL QB as your head coach will do. Plus, using DA as a comparison is bad considering who DA plays and that those DIIA schools would play for the gold ball every year.

I'm sorry, we can agree to disagree. I believe Watertown is just average at best. If they keep it close tomorrow then I will believe they are an above average team. I think Forrest is a slightly above average 2A team. They aren't in the top 5-6 teams, but could probably fall somewhere in there around 9-11 range.

I'm sorry, we can agree to disagree. I believe Watertown is just average at best. If they keep it close tomorrow then I will believe they are an above average team. I think Forrest is a slightly above average 2A team. They aren't in the top 5-6 teams, but could probably fall somewhere in there around 9-11 range.

No worries. DA would challenge for the gold ball in 2A though with that crazy passing attack though. Good discussion.

I like both the Fighting Delks and Purple Tigers. Look forward to seeing the result.

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

I remember the Rockets talking about their running game and had a running back that had 1970 yards on the season. Played us and he had 6 yards on the night and mysteriously played no more Ambassador I'm with you there's a difference running on cupcakes and then running on someone like MC. We have cupcakes on our schedule and our numbers always double. The real competition starts November the 6th

Westmoreland is a shell of the team they have been. Watertown would beat them by five or more touchdowns. Ive seen both play and its not close.

Some say this Rockets team is better than the 89 team that played well against the state champs. I still think Watertowns skill players are too much. Watertown by 3.

Westmoreland will most likely beat Watertown. Watertown struggled against Eagleville, which tells me a lot. The problem with Watertown is that they haven't played anybody. I saw Davidson Academy at our jamboree, and they are a very average team. 

I remember the Rockets talking about their running game and had a running back that had 1970 yards on the season. Played us and he had 6 yards on the night and mysteriously played no more Ambassador I'm with you there's a difference running on cupcakes and then running on someone like MC. We have cupcakes on our schedule and our numbers always double. The real competition starts November the 6th

FWIW, this year's Forrest team is way better than the Forrest team that went toe to toe with you guys two years ago, in all aspects of the game. I'll see what you guys have the last game of the season against Lauderdale Co., AL. We led off with them last season and that should be a good indicator as to what y'all have. 

And for the record, I have no clue what you're talking about considering no back had close to that yardage two years ago. 

Edited by thetruth2008

I remember the rockets having a different coaching staff, and a lot less skilled players that year.

Overall, region 4 is weak. If Forrest doesn't mercy rule Watertown, they will have a short postseason.

DIIA- Forrest loss this season was to page. Who we should have beaten 28-14. Boys laid the rock on the ground too many times in the red zone. Subsequently, page lost to BGA, by 1. In a higher scoring affair. A loss is a loss though.

I say rockets by as many as they want in this one.

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

MAy have you confused with eagleville. Did y'all beat Lauderdale county. This year they have a really good team only lost one game. We have them at home final game of the season looking forward to it