Spring Hill at Giles County

purple75gold

Vandychris. I'm sure you haven't attended a GCHS game all year. Yes one of the main problems was the head coach position. The guys was fired up last night and they worked harder this week than any other week. They actually practiced later and a real practice. Walt is gone and we are moving forward. Wish him the best of luck coaching the 9&10 year old kids from Lawrenceburg.

I'll give my thoughts on any thread I choose...Coaching was not your problem at Gles and it sends the wrong message firing a high school coach midseason over wins when it's suppose to be about academics.

Winning, or lack there of, was just part of it. You must be either related or a friend of coach Smith's to even care enought to post. What you don't know of, are the many things that he did that rubed people the wrong way. People will put up with a lot of crap from a coach if he is a good coach, but that was not the case. Him publicly blaming the players for last weeks loss was the last straw. Why put up with that if you don't have to. The buck stops with the coach and I don't think he was exactly known for taking blame for anything. Think what you will, but if he was humiliating your kids on the sideline of your team and you like it, then maybe you should lobby hard for him to be the next coach at your school. I wish him well but am glad he is gone.

To all the Spring Hill Fans; no need of traveling to the Brickyard tonight. After watching video I have determined that Bobcats are better swimmers than Wildcats. The Hurricane that is brewing in the Atlantic is sending strong choppy water to the mid-state and the underdogs seem to do better when the fishing conditions are stormy. So best of luck to both teams and remember if you hook a Big Tuna hold on until the Fat Lady sings!!! 

Congrats to the players and coaches at Giles for a huge win against Spring Hill. Even though you are 1 and 6 on the year you are back in the playoff race.