If 6A (LARGE 32) playoffs started this Friday

CU06

Last 5 weeks always determine the final region standings and a lot to settle before November, but it's interesting to see matchups if playoffs started today.  We'll try to update this each week as teams move up and down the region standings.  Standings are from tssaa.org and tie-breakers determined by (Region record- Overall record- Point Differential in Region)

EAST

Warren Co. @ Maryville

Hardin Valley @ Cookeville

Coffee Co. @ Bradley Central

Jeff Co. @ Oakland

Siegel @ Dobyns-Bennett

Bearden @ Blackman

Riverdale @ Science Hill

William Blount @ Smyrna

WEST

Bartlett @ McGavock

Wilson Central @ Arlington

Germantown @ N. Overton

Lebanon @ White Station

Houston @ Ravenwood

Franklin @ Whitehaven

Collierville @ Mt. Juliet

Antioch @ Cordova

• Upvote 1

By special request from #PassiveAggressive #LOP ... Class 5A matchups if playoffs started this Friday.  Again, standings based on TSSAA website today.  (Region record- Overall record- Point Differential in region)

EAST

Regions 1 vs 2:

Halls @ Morristown West

Tennessee @ Heritage

Gibbs @ Sevier Co.

D. Crockett @ Knox West

Regions 3 vs 4:

Cleveland @ Farragut

Oak Ridge @ Ooltewah

Rhea Co. @ Campbell Co.

Clinton @ Soddy-Daisy

Regions 5 vs 6:

Hillsboro @ Independence

LaVergne @ Beech

Gallatin @ Shelbyville

Stewarts Creek @ Hendersonville

Regions 7 vs 8:

Southwind @ Henry Co.

Brentwood @ Memphis Central

Brighton @ Centennial

Clarksville @ Munford

And I've seen a projection for Tennessee vs. FSU in the TaxSlayer Bowl.  It is fun, but it is way too early. 

Exactly. Some teams have only played 3 region games. Give it a few more weeks

It is fun.  And it is too early, some have only played 2 region games!  But I plan to keep up with it and re-evaluate each week or every 2 weeks.  Just get a little excitement going for the playoff push!

yeah, I was just thinking that Ootlewah will finish 1st or 2nd and Oak Ridge will finish 2nd.  So, how can they meet in the 1st round if it works out that way?  I thought the 1st place finisher will play the 4th place team from the other district and the 2nd place team will play the 3rd place team from the other district.

Edited by oridgecat

Last 5 weeks always determine the final region standings and a lot to settle before November, but it's interesting to see matchups if playoffs started today. We'll try to update this each week as teams move up and down the region standings. Standings are from tssaa.org and tie-breakers determined by (Region record- Overall record- Point Differential in Region)

EAST

Warren Co. @ Maryville

Hardin Valley @ Cookeville

Coffee Co. @ Bradley Central

Jeff Co. @ Oakland

Siegel @ Dobyns-Bennett

Bearden @ Blackman

Riverdale @ Science Hill

William Blount @ Smyrna

WEST

Bartlett @ McGavock

Wilson Central @ Arlington

Germantown @ N. Overton

Lebanon @ White Station

Houston @ Ravenwood

Franklin @ Whitehaven

Collierville @ Mt. Juliet

Antioch @ Cordova

BTW, I think you got 6A wrong. If Oakland and Maryville win out, they wouldnt meet till the semis

yeah, I was just thinking that Ootlewah will finish 1st or 2nd and Oak Ridge will finish 2nd.  So, how can they meet in the 1st round if it works out that way?  I thought the 1st place finisher will play the 4th place team from the other district and the 2nd place team will play the 3rd place team from the other district.

BTW, I think you got 6A wrong. If Oakland and Maryville win out, they wouldnt meet till the semis

Don't confuse what's likely to happen with where things currently stand. "If the playoffs started this Friday" is what CU06 is tracking.

Soddy-Daisy is currently 1st and Ooltewah 2nd in 4-5A. Campbell Co. is currently 2nd and Oak Ridge 3rd in 3-5A. In 2-6A Smyrna is currently 1st and Oakland 2nd. Things will change greatly week to week.

http://scores.tssaa.org/scoreboard/standings.cfm

Edited by Cletus