District 7 A/AA seeds are set

ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCS jumps multiple spots to the #1 ranking, last week, but yet is not the #1 team in their own district.  With a nod to Booger :huh:

Donka! hig71798.......amazin what a week will do.....besides, those rankins are a joke most of the time....the last update in our class was done by the head of the #1 team...not that was meant to be a discredit.....ND lost a lot out of that back line; but anyone in the state that nose soccer over the last 12 years; should nose not to back the Irish down that line...was awesome to see the Irish rise to the top once again in the district....CC kinda filled Booger in....and North Red Bank Mountain has still never beatin the Irish.....Booger bettin the other coach came unglued and went to sit in the woods once he figured that he was unable to stop the offensive barage to stop the 4 pt spread that was needed to keep the Lady Irish out of 1st place....Coach Shim has done it again; never worries about the regular season record; just starts winnin when it counts...its just a bad time to be on North Red Bank Mountain.....hope Troll werent there to witness that; he been thru enough

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

Donka! hig71798.......amazin what a week will do.....besides, those rankins are a joke most of the time....the last update in our class was done by the head of the #1 team...not that was meant to be a discredit.....ND lost a lot out of that back line; but anyone in the state that nose soccer over the last 12 years; should nose not to back the Irish down that line...was awesome to see the Irish rise to the top once again in the district....CC kinda filled Booger in....and North Red Bank Mountain has still never beatin the Irish.....Booger bettin the other coach came unglued and went to sit in the woods once he figured that he was unable to stop the offensive barage to stop the 4 pt spread that was needed to keep the Lady Irish out of 1st place....Coach Shim has done it again; never worries about the regular season record; just starts winnin when it counts...its just a bad time to be on North Red Bank Mountain.....hope Troll werent there to witness that; he been thru enough

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Oh, I know CCS Coach does the rankings, and yes, they don't mean squat, cept in locker room speeches.  If CCS is the #1 team in A/AA, then I'm the #1 singer in country music.  However, I do believe the rankings do help in the seedings for state, until the decision making group runs into teams from the same district, then the ol' dartboard comes out.  The SM game was something-that field was a joke.  Forwards would lose the ball in the sinkhole at midfield, and then slide 10 feet afterwards.  Scoring anything was next to impossible so we thought, but that team came together and worked it's usual 'when it matters' magic.  I think a lot of people wrote us off this year, but our goalie is MUCH improved and the team overall is a better team than some scores would indicate. 

Coach Cal sends an email out every Saturday asking the coaches that actually respond to him across the state to send in their top 11.  He does not control the rankings.  He puts down what the coaches send him.  After Page won the CCS tournament in which CAK, CCS, and Greenville all were in, the majority of the coaches still put those 3 in front of Page.  Coach Cal made sure he called a couple coaches to tell them what coaches had sent in because he didn't necessarily agree with the majority vote but to keep as accurate as possible he kept the integrity of the coaches vote and put in the rankings as they added up.  To think any less of Coach Cal and him trying to get as close to an accurate ranking as he can is absolutely wrong.  We should appreciate the fact he is putting himself out there to get the best ranking as possible.  If more coaches that play these top teams across the state would help out it will only get more accurate.  Right now you have half the coaches that have seen most of the top ten and the other half have no clue.  But it is still the most accurate ranking there is for TN high school soccer.  I can almost guarantee that 4 of these teams will be in the semifinals.  I really appreciate Coach Cal for setting this up and of course it always gives us something to talk about.