Webb @ The Ridge

SweetScience

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS. You gotta in high school. Grown men don't act like you.

The game last night was a great chance for people to get some playing time. That's all. Nobody cares about "how many" kids, titles, or dollars when it comes to Webb.

Some Oak Ridge fans need to borrow a page from one of the greatest ever when asked about his lack of end zone celebrations. He replied that a coach once told him to "act like you've been there before, and that you will be back again."

I think the when the run gets shut down (Farragut) we have failed to utilize the spread as much as we should have this year, and the lack of polishing a "double threat" offense will be obvious.

I've read your post twice and I have no idea what you're trying to say. I guess my "high school" mind can't compute yet.

Well cats, I will say this. The run game looks good, especially since we moved a couple of defensive guys over to the o line, but screen passes looked good against Webb. But will they work when we get into the playoffs?

I agree that we will have to do more in the passing game against better teams. That worries me a little.

Boy , aren't you special ! LOL , Why does Webb stay down in the Itty bitty League and beat teams with 100 students instead of playing up like Ensworth , BA , & MBA does ? 

Hey Pep - I understand that your question was rhetorical, but I will answer it on here for all to see, mainly because I get absolutely tired of people like Spartan4Life coming on here to remind us all how great the Webb School is and what wonderful accomplishments all those D2-A gold balls are.  The reason they don't play schools similar to them in D2-AA is to avoid results like they got last night.  They simply got tired of getting their butts kicked every game, so they moved down to beat up on tiny little religious schools.  

Quick Primer on D2-A for those who have been bamboozled by the hot air blown by the likes of Spartan4Life:

Enrollment at Webb: 471 (more than Ensworth and about the same as Brentwood Academy)

Enrollment at their 4 region games this year:

Mt. Juliet Christian Academy:  143

Friendship Christian:                 231

Donelson Christian:                   218

King's Academy                        188

How many gold balls would Spartan4Life be bragging about had Ensworth and/or BA followed them down to D2-A?

Great game by OR last night.  Glad to see them putting it together at the right time of year.

Embarrassment to the Webb football program. Worst lost to anyone we've ever played. And trust me we've played a lot better teams. Your oak ridge team will get knocked off by Rhea again this year, having seen them both play. But congrats on the win.

I told all of you that this was by far the worst team in Webb history before the game. I predicted Oak Ridge to win by a lot. So don't act like I said Webb would beat Oak Ridge this year. If you guys really think that is what Webb traditionally fields you are very very ignorant. That's sad if you really believe that.

Second you could have had a 10 year old making play calls and yall would have still won by 40. Coaching had nothing to do with this game. You guys played a JV Webb team and pounded them. Your coach didn't have to be at the game for that to happen. Meske is the better coach. Anyone can win with superior players and when a team fumbles 4 out of 5 times with a team full of sophomores.

The fact that you guys are so classless and taken everything I said out of context is appalling. But once again congrats on your win. You literally beat a Webb team with three seniors.

Edited by Spartan4Life