Hardin Valley @ Bradley Central

alt1958

Big game at Bear Stadium Friday night. Who gets the inside track for the post season?

Hardin Valley at 4-3 (2-2) hits I-75 for the trip south to visit the Bears 5-2 (2-2) with a lot on the line. Both teams finish the season with the same two teams and a home birth in the playoffs can be on the line.

Bradley, Bearden, Dobyns-Bennett and Hardin Valley are all 2-2 in the region.

Maryville is going to be the fist place team with a 4-0 worksheet so far;

Science Hill is 3-1 and likely headed to 2nd;

3rd through 6th is up in the air;

Jefferson County is 1-3 is good enough to be a tripper;

William Blount (0-4) can only play spoiler at this point.

Preseason, I really thought this was going to be a pivotal game for the Bears and the post season. Looks like I may have been right on that.

Edited by alt1958

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game at Bear Stadium Friday night. Who gets the inside track for the post season?

Hardin Valley at 4-3 (2-2) hits I-75 for the trip south to visit the Bears 5-2 (2-2) with a lot on the line. Both teams finish the season with the same two teams and a home birth in the playoffs can be on the line.

Preseason, I really thought this was going to be a pivotal game for the Bears and the post season. Looks like I may have been right on that.

Got to keep cutting Copeland lose and stop keeping Carpenter at TE. It shows why you don't have one of the best WR in Tennessee playing TE. 17 catches for 303 yards against DB. This is gonna be a really good game. I think HV matches is better in talent than DB did. This is gonna be who wants it the most game right here.

If Freeman/Floyd turn Copeland loose again this week and put Carpenter out wide or in the slot. I think Bradley wins by 10. Of the 3 games left the only one they should lose is Maryville. Bradley had no business losing to Bearden. Play calling and coaching is the only thing holding Bradley back. They need to work on their special teams too. Can't keep giving the other team a short field.

If Freeman/Floyd turn Copeland loose again this week and put Carpenter out wide or in the slot. I think Bradley wins by 10. Of the 3 games left the only one they should lose is Maryville. Bradley had no business losing to Bearden. Play calling and coaching is the only thing holding Bradley back. They need to work on their special teams too. Can't keep giving the other team a short field.

Coaching is holding your team back and you are 5-2 on the season???  SMH :rolleyes:

Hardin Valley at 4-3 (2-2) hits I-75 for the trip south to visit the Bears 5-2 (2-2) with a lot on the line. Both teams finish the season with the same two teams and a home birth in the playoffs can be on the line.

Let's not forget that WB had 2 TD leads on Jeff Co and Bearden before fading in the 2nd half so they could very well be 2-2 in region right now instead of 0-4. I would imagine that WB will play with a vengeance when they play Hardin Valley and Bradley Central because nobody wants to head to Oakland in the 1st round. I would advise you not to sleep on WB.

Let's not forget that WB had 2 TD leads on Jeff Co and Bearden before fading in the 2nd half so they could very well be 2-2 in region right now instead of 0-4. I would imagine that WB will play with a vengeance when they play Hardin Valley and Bradley Central because nobody wants to head to Oakland in the 1st round. I would advise you not to sleep on WB.

Oh geez

Oh geez

What? It's the truth? People are acting like WB is a guaranteed win when they could very well be 2-2 right now. In Bradley's case we lost to a mutual opponent, Bearden. While Bradley only lost by 1 and we lost by 10 Bradley never led when they played them and we had a 14 point lead but had a meltdown of epic proportions in the 2nd half to lose that game. We also were in the driver's seat against Jeff Co and had another epic meltdown. I'm simply saying be mindful that this team could very well be 2-2 right now had they decided to show up and play in the 2nd half in those games. Actually, never mind, let us stay under the radar. Edited by Governors91

What? It's the truth? People are acting like WB is a guaranteed win when they could very well be 2-2 right now. In Bradley's case we lost to a mutual opponent, Bearden. While Bradley only lost by 1 and we lost by 10 Bradley never led when they played them and we had a 14 point lead but had a meltdown of epic proportions in the 2nd half to lose that game. We also were in the driver's seat against Jeff Co and had another epic meltdown. I'm simply saying be mindful that this team could very well be 2-2 right now had they decided to show up and play in the 2nd half in those games. Actually, never mind, let us stay under the radar.

Go Bears! Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

What? It's the truth? People are acting like WB is a guaranteed win when they could very well be 2-2 right now. In Bradley's case we lost to a mutual opponent, Bearden. While Bradley only lost by 1 and we lost by 10 Bradley never led when they played them and we had a 14 point lead but had a meltdown of epic proportions in the 2nd half to lose that game. We also were in the driver's seat against Jeff Co and had another epic meltdown. I'm simply saying be mindful that this team could very well be 2-2 right now had they decided to show up and play in the 2nd half in those games. Actually, never mind, let us stay under the radar.

I know we won't take WB lightly. I'm not even worried bout this game just yet. One game at a time. Hope the team realizes this also and coaches. We just gotta go play tonight and not worry about our butt whooping we will be receiving next weekend. This game could determine 3rd place tonight.

We just got to find a way to win tonight. Go get out loss next weekend than try to beat WB to take 3rd in this region. Well that's if Bearden doesn't luck up and beat DB and SH the next 2 weeks.

Now the most important question for you is... I remember going to WB few years ago for a scrimmage. They had to end the scrimmage early cause of fights after fights. Y'all wasn't the nicest and happiest players around. Have y'all gotten that under control? Lol