Spring Hill at Marshall County

hogswild

His parents wanted him with his mentor, number one fan, and head recruiter Osteen, end of story. If he had taken the Giles job then he would be playing at Giles Co., it's pretty simple.

The first line of your statement sums it up. His parents wanted him with Osteen. So if his parents wanted him there then how is that recruiting?. Same thing with Alcoa. They get accused of recruiting all the time but in reality the parents know that Gary Rankin runs a great program. Why would you not want your kid playing for a good coach?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I don't understand. A couple years ago when OC and yes Osteen were at Giles they continually ran the score up on teams. They would intentionally embarrass teams to stroke their own egos. If I remember correctly the Marshall County faithful would be the first to complain about how low class this was and how unsportsmanlike those coaches where. Well now their coach is running up the score and WOW all of a sudden it is ok and he is applauded. Really shows the true character of both communities. Turchetta was ticked off because Osteen was trying to embarrass his team and his players. I don't blame him for being mad. And yes Recruiting the Wallace kid and illegally practicing which is the word on the street is much worse than the finger. Sooner or later it will come around. It always does.[/quote

The coach can't help the fact that the first team defense can't stop the second team offense from scoring. What are they supposed to do take a knee for three plays and punt on every possession?

Edited by leadfarmer

His parents wanted him with his mentor, number one fan, and head recruiter Osteen, end of story. If he had taken the Giles job then he would be

playing at Giles Co., it's pretty simple.

You sure are taking a hard line on this kid and his parents, maybe you should come over to MCs home game vs Page in two weeks and ask the dad Mr.Bill about it and while you are there check that D out that you are very concerned with holding Page to 14 like the mighty rockets did haha

Here is what I don't understand. A couple years ago when OC and yes Osteen were at Giles they continually ran the score up on teams. They would intentionally embarrass teams to stroke their own egos. If I remember correctly the Marshall County faithful would be the first to complain about how low class this was and how unsportsmanlike those coaches where. Well now their coach is running up the score and WOW all of a sudden it is ok and he is applauded. Really shows the true character of both communities. Turchetta was ticked off because Osteen was trying to embarrass his team and his players. I don't blame him for being mad. And yes Recruiting the Wallace kid and illegally practicing which is the word on the street is much worse than the finger. Sooner or later it will come around. It always does.[/quote

The coach can't help the fact that the first team defense can't stop the second team offense from scoring. What are they supposed to do take a knee for three plays and punt on every possession?

Bingo. Spring Hill still had their STARTING defense in against Marshall County's JV offense and SH was blitzing 6 and playing press coverage. What should MC have done? Run it three times, lose 6 yards and punt it back? C'mon. 

And I guess Osteen knew that Turchetta was going to cancel the JV game (second year in a row!), so he had to get the JV some work somehow.

Bingo. Spring Hill still had their STARTING defense in against Marshall County's JV offense and SH was blitzing 6 and playing press coverage. What should MC have done? Run it three times, lose 6 yards and punt it back? C'mon.

And I guess Osteen knew that Turchetta was going to cancel the JV game (second year in a row!), so he had to get the JV some work somehow.

I agree.. Why get mad at someone for "running the score up?" If you play some D, you don't have to worry about that.

I've said since seeing Oden play against Pearl Cohn last year that he was very average and waaaayyy overhyped. If he is an SEC QB then I'm an astronaut..

You sure are taking a hard line on this kid and his parents, maybe you should come over to MCs home game vs Page in two weeks and ask the dad Mr.Bill about it and while you are there check that D out that you are very concerned with holding Page to 14 like the mighty rockets did haha

I'd love to, but I'll be watching my Rockets wrap up their 9-1 season and region championship. Maybe you guys will get to Cookeville, or at least out of the first round since you won't be playing Giles. 

I'd love to, but I'll be watching my Rockets wrap up their 9-1 season and region championship. Maybe you guys will get to Cookeville, or at least out of the first round since you won't be playing Giles.

Truth you've made several claims ITT that probably shouldn't have been put in print.

Just a little friendly advice.

Edited by Playerscoach

And Boowhoo wants to talk about why Tuchetta did what he did like he has a good reason for it and blaming it on Osteen lol then cancel the JV game for the second year in a row, That says enough. Go cry somewhere else.