Spring Hill at Marshall County

hogswild

And Boowhoo wants to talk about why Tuchetta did what he did like he has a good reason for it and blaming it on Osteen lol then cancel the JV game for the second year in a row, That says enough. Go cry somewhere else.

You got it wrong there coach.  I am not blaming Osteen I think he is one heck of a coach.  But to use the excuse of getting reps as a reason for running up a score is rediculous.  You all din't like it when OC did it to you all at Giles now did you?  They have JV games and Freshman games for a reason.  There is a lot to be said for respecting your opponents.  I do believe Osteen will get that with maturity and then he will be a complete coach in my opinion.  Offensive X's and O's he is outstanding.  Now go coach up the team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it wrong there coach. I am not blaming Osteen I think he is one heck of a coach. But to use the excuse of getting reps as a reason for running up a score is rediculous. You all din't like it when OC did it to you all at Giles now did you? They have JV games and Freshman games for a reason. There is a lot to be said for respecting your opponents. I do believe Osteen will get that with maturity and then he will be a complete coach in my opinion. Offensive X's and O's he is outstanding. Now go coach up the team.

First off You must have me mistaken for someone else, I write my own checks and answer to no one. Secondly how can MC get those so called JV games in if what the poster said is true about other guy canceling them back to back years? Sounds like you have some scars from the OC era at Giles, tough luck for you I reckon but Osteen coaches Marshall Co and from what I see and hear he does everything first class with respect to his oppentents. And as another poster pointed out what is Osteen suppose to do when spring hill was blitzing 6 with their starters in and MC had the second team in? Just hand it off and take a loss of 3 and then punt it? Think about it man, common sense goes a long way.

Bingo. Spring Hill still had their STARTING defense in against Marshall County's JV offense and SH was blitzing 6 and playing press coverage. What should MC have done? Run it three times, lose 6 yards and punt it back? C'mon.

And I guess Osteen knew that Turchetta was going to cancel the JV game (second year in a row!), so he had to get the JV some work somehow.

I agree.. Why get mad at someone for "running the score up?" If you play some D, you don't have to worry about that.

I've said since seeing Oden play against Pearl Cohn last year that he was very average and waaaayyy overhyped. If he is an SEC QB then I'm an astronaut..

If you thought Oden was average then you should stick to traveling in space. He has obvious physical talents that very few kids possess. He's being recruited on talent that tons of coaches easily see. Enjoy the space walks and view of Earth.

I don't think he is a SEC QB but he is definitely a SEC caliber athlete.  Also a great kid.  I think too many people not associated with the program got in his ear and really cost him what could have been a great senior year.  It is a shame that these so called QB gurus feed off these type kids and are not even a coach.  Just my opinion.

If you thought Oden was average then you should stick to traveling in space. He has obvious physical talents that very few kids possess. He's being recruited on talent that tons of coaches easily see. Enjoy the space walks and view of Earth.

I've heard different but like I said, he is not an SEC QB.. Never said he wasn't a D1 athlete..