CAK @ McMinn

Govolsknox

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Load 8 in the box and make them pass it on you. They ran about 50 plays against us 45 of them were to #23 Kimpson (who is a very good RB by the way), but if you minimize their run game they have nothing else. The QB is a Soph and right now isn't a very good QB at this point in his career. Stop the run, you stop Mcminn. We should've beat them 31-0 if our RB doesn't fumble on the 1 inch line. They have a pretty tough run D. DT Beckingham is a beast. Goes about 6'6 285 and is getting looked at. If you run, run away from him lol....Do these things and it should be a fairly easy night for CAK.

Load 8 in the box and make them pass it on you. They ran about 50 plays against us 45 of them were to #23 Kimpson (who is a very good RB by the way), but if you minimize their run game they have nothing else. The QB is a Soph and right now isn't a very good QB at this point in his career. Stop the run, you stop Mcminn. We should've beat them 31-0 if our RB doesn't fumble on the 1 inch line. They have a pretty tough run D. DT Beckingham is a beast. Goes about 6'6 285 and is getting looked at. If you run, run away from him lol....Do these things and it should be a fairly easy night for CAK.

Is this Central or County? I think we're playing Central

Edited by AMYoung

55 is out.  34 is probable.

I am so sorry to hear another Warrior starter has been lost for the season! It is almost hard to believe on a team our size, that we have had 3 ACL tears. I've seen many seasons where we lost some kids for a few games, but I can't remember one where we lost this many starters to season ending injuries. I think this is particularly noteworthy because we play less players both ways than most 3A teams do. If I'm thinking correctly, neither 45 nor 30 played any meaningful snaps both ways.

Really glad to hear 34 is probable. I thought that would be the case. Based on the body language around 55, players, coaches, parents, etc. I really thought they were optimistic it wasn't serious ligament damage. I sure missed that one.

Oops. My bad lol

Actually that's my fault. I should have specified Central. I don't believe I have a way to edit that thread title now, unfortunately. Good to see you over on our board SS! I plan on being at Blankenship in a couple of weeks. I would have made it last week but they changed the OR game to Thursday night due to weather concerns, and CAK was playing as well.

You are correct that the sideline diagnosis for 55 was fairly optimistic but the MRI showed more than was expected.

You are also correct that 45 was offense only and 30 defense only.  More guys are going to have to play both ways --if not full-time then at least part-time--from this point forward.  It's gut check time.  I think this team is up to the challenge but it's up to them to prove it on the field.

I am so sorry to hear another Warrior starter has been lost for the season! It is almost hard to believe on a team our size, that we have had 3 ACL tears. I've seen many seasons where we lost some kids for a few games, but I can't remember one where we lost this many starters to season ending injuries. I think this is particularly noteworthy because we play less players both ways than most 3A teams do. If I'm thinking correctly, neither 45 nor 30 played any meaningful snaps both ways.

Really glad to hear 34 is probable. I thought that would be the case. Based on the body language around 55, players, coaches, parents, etc. I really thought they were optimistic it wasn't serious ligament damage. I sure missed that one.

You are correct that the sideline diagnosis for 55 was fairly optimistic but the MRI showed more than was expected.

You are also correct that 45 was offense only and 30 defense only.  More guys are going to have to play both ways --if not full-time then at least part-time--from this point forward.  It's gut check time.  I think this team is up to the challenge but it's up to them to prove it on the field.

I do too! And if there is a positive, we are at week 9. Although more will play both ways now, they shouldn't go into week 11 (Alcoa) and the playoffs already worn down from playing both ways all year. Still, it is hard to replace the productivity and leadership of 55, 30, and 45.

That makes sense about the early diagnosis being more positive, as I thought I saw relief more than condolences. My heart goes out to all of them, and it is unfortunate that they are all seniors. I expect to see 55 on Saturdays at Furman (or someplace) so that softens the blow perhaps just a bit.

Who do you see as likely to see more playing time both ways besides 9 and 31 who have already had to start doing so? My guess would be 15 and 11, but I would think there would possibly be more, as those players would have probably seen more 2 way play during the playoffs anyway. 24? Who do you think we are most likely to see more of?

9 and 31 will continue to play both ways, with one of them (probably 9) getting a little rest when the Warriors revert back to their base 4-2-5 defense.  I suspect 31 will play LB vs. Alcoa with 9 subbing for him when necessary.  I believe the coaches will continue to work the 3-man front (the set used for the Clinton game) in against some other teams too, not just pass-happy teams, so 31 & 9 will be in at the same time in that set.  My guess is 11 & 15 will start seeing some duty rotating at CB on one side of the D.  71 has been playing both ways some, but he will have to start doing so more frequently starting with the Alcoa game and thereafter.  3 & 24 could play offense but my guess is that won't happen unless there's an injury affecting the WR unit.

Who do you see as likely to see more playing time both ways besides 9 and 31 who have already had to start doing so? My guess would be 15 and 11, but I would think there would possibly be more, as those players would have probably seen more 2 way play during the playoffs anyway. 24? Who do you think we are most likely to see more of?